Regional Strategic Information (SI) Officer at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in SI Regional Technical Officer in Arusha for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5 year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
The Regional SI Officer is responsible for implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities within the assigned region(s). He/She will work with EpiC staff in the regional office, local community-based implementing partners and GoT counterparts at regional level to ensure that M&E activities are appropriate and meet USAID and FHI360/EpiC requirements.
Specific duties include:
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the M&E activities in the communities served within the region.
- Work with local community-based implementing partners and KVP groups, health service providers and GoT counterparts to provide support and guidance on project M&E activities, especially data collection, management and analysis for use in decision-making and course correction.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, conduct data quality verifications and data triangulation using official tools.
- Ensure that the quality of activities adheres to EpiC and PEPFAR standards by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Manage project databases (DHIS2, DATIM, Infolink, IPRS, CTC2 database, CTC3 Macro database etc.) to store, manage and analyze project data.
- Compile, consolidate and submit PEPFAR/USAID Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual Reports to Senior SI Advisor.
- Develop systems for data quality assessments, review, control and verification within the region and at partner level.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Project, Partners and other stakeholders.
- Review and analyze weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting and communication.
- Orient and distribute data collection and reporting tools to CSOs and KVP friendly Facilities.
- Share or distribute project targets to the regional team for monthly tracking or monitoring.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in M&E, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
- On a monthly basis, analyze regional-level data and provide approved reports to EpiC regional and HQ offices and other relevant parties.
- Build capacity of local partners in project M&E, especially data collection, management and analysis for use decision-making and course correction
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Health Informatics with 5-7 years’ relevant experience and good programming skills; OR Master’s degree in Computer Science or Public Health Informatics with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ working experience at a similar position especially in implementing HIV and AIDS interventions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and database management systems (SQL Server, Access etc.); Knowledge of SQL for database development.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors or omissions
- Considerable knowledge of data management policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable in software development technologies
- Initiative, creative and proactive mind in implementation of new ideas
- Ability to resolve problems and find best solutions in data management.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Good team player ·
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 28th September, 2020.