Regional Senior Technical Officer in Dar es salaam at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Regional Senior Technical Officer in Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5 year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
The RSTO will Provide technical support and oversight to the implementation of community-based activities for KVP and AGYW in the region, including community mobilization/demand creation and the provision of biomedical services at community level, i.e. community-based HIV testing and counseling (CBHTC), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV self-testing (HIVST), linkage to care, family planning (FP), services for gender-based violence (GBV) victims, and sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening. He/She will oversee and coordinate activities to reduce KVP and AGYW vulnerability and address structural drivers and contextual factors that place these groups at risk. He/She will work closely with civil society organization (CSO) partners to build their capacity to provide these services; and develop and maintain relationships with regional GoT counterparts, service providers and other implementing partners in the region. He/She will ensure that activities in the region are implemented in line with GoT, USAID/PEPFAR and EpiC guidelines and standards
Specific duties include:
- Oversee the implementation of comprehensive strategies for reaching KVP and AGYW and generating demand for services, including peer navigation, strategic behaviour change communication and other effective strategies for reaching vulnerable groups.
- Work closely with CSO partners to develop capacity to conduct outreach to KVP, strengthen demand generation and service provision for these groups; build capacity to improve their ability to identify and engage KVP through the application of EpiC tools and strategies.
- Monitor CSO performance against workplans and targets, provide on-site and remote technical assistance. · Liaise with service providers to monitor community based HTS and other services.
- Liaise with regional GoT counterparts (including Regional Medical Officers, Regional Health Management Teams, District Health Management Teams, etc.), service providers, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programs.
- Contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- MBBS/MD or Clinical degree (nurse, physician) with 3 to 5 years in provision of community-based biomedical and demand generation services to KVP and AGYW; Or Master’s Degree with 5 to 7 yrs of relevant exp or Bachelor’s Degree with 7 to 9 yrs of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Familiarity with the public health sector at regional, district and council level and experience working with these teams.
- Experience implementing HIV/AIDS programs at community level in Tanzania; familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and AGYW.
- Experience in technical capacity building of local CSOs, especially those working with KVP and AGYW.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Method of Application
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.