Regional Quality Improvement Manager (4) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION TITLE: Regional Quality Improvement Manager (4 Posts)
LOCATION: Kagera, Dar es Salaam, Geita and Tabora
REPORTS TO: Regional Clinical and SI Manager (RCSIM)
Position Summary: The Regional Quality Improvement Manager, will be an overall technical lead in all matters pertaining to integrating projects’ Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) as per the Tanzanian government and PEPFAR standards. She/he will provide technical support to strengthen Quality improvement for the services offered at the regional, district, health facility and community levels. The CQI Regional Manager will focus on providing technical support to MDH supported sites and communities to use standardized national/international acceptable CQI approaches for gap analysis and integrate CQI activities as well as scale up best practices. He/she will capacitate the sites to data visualization and use for CQI through strengthening the use of existing government CQI data and tools at sites and community levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead regional operationalization of annual CQI plans for the project that covers the project CQI targets that are based on the government and PEPFAR priorities in Tanzania.
2. Work with key stake holders including R/CHMTs, Health facilities/HF teams, communities and other IPs providing to ensure complementation of CQI efforts and not duplication.
3. Represent the project in the Regional QI technical working group and provide technical support in the revision and or development of HIV CQI guidelines /operation manuals.
4. Collaborate with the R/CHMTs and present implementation challenges/gaps that need practice change at regional levels.
5. Support R/CHMTs to develop CQI skills and integrate CQI into the CCHPs budgets.
6. Oversee skills building (training/ mentorship/attachments) of the existing Quality improvement teams at HFs and WITs at CTCs.
7. Provide technical support for onsite and community teams to develop and integrate CQI interventions.
8. Provide technical support for onsite and community accurate data utilization for test-of-change (TOC) and timely dissemination and adaptation of best practices.
9. Oversee and supervise onsite and community use of existing data /dashboards including monthly DATIM, PMM, quarterly reports etc. to identify gaps and support the sites and community teams to implement CQI activities accordingly.
10. Oversee the whole cascade of CQI activities at the sites and communities’ levels, monitor progress, conduct test-of-change each quarter and report results in quarterly review meetings.
11. Supervise and monitor converting the paper-based government run charts into electronic databases and report progress and gaps to the Regional manager routinely.
12. Lead and guide MDH sub-recipients implementing onsite CQI activities in his/her region specifically in the communities to implement and CQI activities as per the MDH CQI targets.
13. Oversee regional quality assurance activities each quarter, implement and support CDC led CQI activities including SIMS, etc.
14. Oversee and supervise adaptation of any new changes of CQI national guidelines or PEPFAR priorities in his/her region.
15. Use human centred approaches to integrate CQI activities at regional level.
16. Perform any other work related duties as may be assigned by the Senior Quality Improvement Manager at headquarter and supervisor. Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in social sciences or medical field with a Master’s degree in public health (MPH). Possession of a PhD in health sciences will be an added advantage.
2. Having an evidence of CQI formal trainings (National and or international Quality improvement training) and familiar with CQI standard approaches including but not limited to: Gap analysis skills (FISH BONE< 5Ws etc, Test of change techniques including PDSA cycles etc, ADAPTATION/SCALE UP OF BEST PRACTICES will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in HIV quality Improvement (CQI) programing in Tanzanian Health facilities or communities.
4. Familiarity with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs with minimum of Five (5) years of proven experience in designing and implementation of quality improvement activities in HIV care and treatment programs, including supporting R/CHMTs and health facilities to integrate CQI activities.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili.
6. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint, statistical Software such as SAS SPSS or STATA).
7. Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to the region in all matters pertaining to Quality improvement (CQI).
8. Ability to lead and work with a diverse group of health workers, patients etc. to implement CQI at the communities and health facilities.
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and achieve the project targets.
10. Hard working individual with very strong problem-solving skills.
11. Familiarity with Tanzanian context; project management skills including team skills, data summary data use and presentation skills.
12. Flexibility to work after normal working hours and on weekends with significant travel outside of duty station.