Regional Programme Coordinator at Mott MacDonald
- Company: Mott MacDonald
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Regional Coordinator will function as part of the Core Team. S/he will be required to work closely with the Senior Management Team and Outcome Leads. The Regional Coordinator will maintain working relationships with regional governments and District Education Officers (DEOs) and liaise between District Implementation Teams and central technical teams. They will make regular visits to districts to monitor progress with interventions, reporting back to technical teams where support is required. They will also manage local offices which will provide logistical support to core team members visiting their region.
The Regional Coordinator will support the Regional Education Officer to implement activities under the Shule Bora programme. This will include working closely with government counterparts at regional and district levels to provide cross-cutting support. S/he will provide support in planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring, ensuring that ownership is built along the way. S/he will assist to coordinate activities and ensure that interventions are implemented as planned and that they are implemented in accordance with the Shule Bora operating principles. S/he will support system strengthening through the Managing for Learning (M4L) approach.
The Regional Coordinator will:
- Contribute to programme reporting: internal and to FCDO and Government
- Represent Shule Bora at a regional level in meetings and presentations, providing feedback to the team
- Assess risk of activities, monitor risk and proactively raise any concerns with the senior management team
- Communicate success, lessons learnt, programme best practice and evidence of impact
- Manage programme staff working in the region, and oversee office management and financial systems in line with Shule Bora procedures
- Work in line with Shule Bora Programme policies and manuals at all times
- Develop excellent understanding of the political economy and educational context of the region and provide updates to the senior management team
- Work closely with REO and District Education Officers and their staff to effectively plan, implement, monitor and adapt activities funded by the programme
- Under supervision of the REO, support coordination programme activities in the region to ensure best VFM
- Support implementation and monitoring of the Managing for Learning Approach
- Support outcome leads in the design, implementation and monitoring of interventions
- Provide oversight, briefing and debriefing of consultants working in the Region and organisational support to facilitate their work
- Provide input on design, approach and content of materials where relevant
- Support the institutionalisation of programme activities within Regions and LGAs
- Identify development needs and build capacity of programme staff and counterparts
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Proficient in using MS packages, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills, reliability, and adherence to ethical standards
- Excellent planning and budgeting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people leadership and influencing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Kiswahili preferred.
- Experience in implementation of large-scale, international development projects
- Experience in planning and coordinating activities to improve learning
- Proven experience providing capacity building with local government
- Extensive experience with stakeholder engagement, including international donors and local government, and the ability to develop partnerships with local government, private sector, and the wider international community
- Educated to a degree level, Masters preferred in education, governance or related subject
- Good understanding of the Tanzanian education system
Shule Bora aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. There are four main outcomes: improving learning outcomes for all children, improving transition rates to secondary schools for girls, ensuring children are safe in and around schools, and helping children with disabilities access quality education. If successful, Cambridge Education will design and implement Shule Bora in Tanzania over 6 years – March 2021 – March 2027.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th January, 2024.