Regional Manager- Retention at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Company: Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kagera Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Position: Regional Manager- Retention (1 Post)
Reporting to: Regional Project Manager
The Regional Retention Manager (RRM) is responsible for the overall leadership of MDH’s continuity of treatment (CoT)services in the region. She/he provides oversight of the day-to-day implementation of CoT related interventions and services in collaboration with the Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs). She/he will oversee initiatives to enhance continuum of care including prevention and mitigation of interruption of care for patients on ART, in collaboration with Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs), Health Facilities (HFs)/ Health Care Providers (HCPs), community program staff, community health service providers (CBHS) and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and oversight in the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of CoT services at the regional level, in line with the project workplan and national guidelines and in collaboration with R/CHMTs and other key stakeholders.
- Lead implementation of key program, national and donor priorities/ strategies on CoT services incl. client centred differentiated service delivery (DSD), routine updating of patient’s contacts and physical address, appointment reminders, patient tracking and others in line with evidence-based best practices and national guidelines.
- To conduct regional needs assessment, on ART retention services and organize efforts to address these needs for children, adolescent, young adults, key, and priority population and ensure these populations are retained in treatment.
- Undertake needs assessment on CoT services and organize efforts to address them incl. site visits for technical assistance/ capacity building as well as health system strengthening, in collaboration with R/DPMs, and R/CHMTs.
- Organize capacity building on CoT services for MDH regional program staff, R/CHMTs and HCPs, CBHS Provider etc., via mentorship, on-job training, CME, clinical attachment and other approaches in line with national guidelines.
- Lead efforts to verify and assure fidelity, adherence to SOPs and quality of care and data on all supported CoT services incl. through supervision data quality assessment, chart/ register review, spot check and other approaches.
- Work with the M&E team to support MEL of CoT services incl. ensuring availability of M&E tools, timely and accurate reporting, data quality activities, as well as strengthening of the related M&E systems.
- Lead efforts analyze and use CoT data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in CoT services, design and implement operational research (OR), secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps
- Participate in district/ regional/ national level meetings and consultations to share and disseminate MDH experiences, best practices and lessons learned on CoT services.
- Promote a culture of high performance, commitment, frequent monitoring, and accountability towards outcomes at an individual level and collectively as a team at the regional/ MDH unit level
- Lead efforts and contribute towards writing technical program documents incl. project proposals, work-plans, reports, SOPs, job aids, IECs, best practices, lessons learned etc.
- Support and advise the regional project manager on all CoT issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by her/his supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or Related. Master degree in Public Health or in any Health field is must.
- At least Five (5) years of experience in HIV programming and services.
- Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
- Experience in client centred DSD and continuity of care initiatives and services.
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation and Utilization as well as CQI and Operational research in the health sector.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th November, 2023.