Regional Manager – Lindi & Mtwara at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Regional Manager – Lindi and Mtwara for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Regional Manager will be responsible for coordination, implementation, and oversight of all EpiC activities in the assigned region(s). Also overseeing coordination, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities at the regional level; as well as participating in the management of finances, procurement, sub-grantees and human resources. Additionally, coordinating and supporting local community-based implementing partners providing services to reach KVP, AGYW and OVC with a comprehensive package of HIV prevention services, including community-based HIV testing and counselling (CBHTC), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV self-testing (HIVST), gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and treatment and linkage to care. Also, the regional program manager will support the roll out Covid-19 vaccination services in the respective regions. Furthermore, building and maintaining partnerships with the regional and district authorities and other key KVP stakeholders and implementers in the region.
- Coordinate the development of regional program strategies across the program components including work plans for overall implementation and attainment of program goals and objectives
- Provide strategic leadership and set priorities for the regional program team to ensure effective field program implementation.
- Supervise regional technical, program, M&E and financial staff.
- In collaboration with regional technical and financial staff, coordinate development and subsequently monitor budgets and spending for program activities.
- Build leadership capacity of local community-based implementing partners, local governments, and other community structures to be able to robustly implement effective KVP programs
- Liaise with the Regional and District health management teams in making sure that EpiC activities appropriately contribute to local priorities and strategies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local stakeholders including KVP-focused organizations, PEPFAR implementing partners and regional and council health teams and ensure EpiC activities are harmonized within Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHPs).
- Provide capacity building and technical and program support to local community-based organizations to ensure that activities within region are technically sound, evidence-based, adhere to GoT, EpiC and USAID/PEPFAR standards, and are responsive to local needs.
- Represent EpiC at various zonal/regional/district meetings/fora.
- Develop and/or contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7-9 years of relevant experience supporting or managing donor-funded programs in HIV/AIDS; OR Master’s Degree in public health, social work, and 5-7 years relevant experience. Additional post-graduate training in public health desirable
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing program resources, developing, and monitoring work plans, building capacity and managing teams.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national HIV/AIDS standards and protocols for provision of services at community level. Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in programs serving KVP, OVC and/or AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of these populations.
- Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), especially those working with KVP.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Method of ApplicationFHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE