Regional ICTs Officers x4 at Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF)
- Company: Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
MKAPA FOUNDATION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions.
BMF has been granted an award by Henry Jackson Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI Tanzania) through its U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA) to support management of non-clinical Human Resource for Health Component under Southern Highland Zone Civilian Project (SHL) implemented in four regions of Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe and Mbeya. Through this award a total of 316 data management staff will be deployed in 231 health facilities to support program activities in the respective regions. Therefore, this job advert seeks for an innovative, self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies: –
Title: Regional ICTs Officers
Administratively reports to: Regional Medical Officer
Technically reports to: Strategic Information (SI) Regional Lead
Location: Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi Regions
Specific Task Job Description
Regional ICT Officer will work as a technical person on the computer (all types), tablets, printers etc. S/he will provide supports, conduct preventive maintenance, and ensure all computers are in the working condition. S/he will communicate closely with the IT Department at the HJFMRI in case of any faulty related to hardware especially for computers with HJFMRI barcodes. The regional IT officer will work closely with the regional M&E officer, Regional Strategic information Lead and data managers together with data clerks to ensure all IT related issues are reported and resolved. Responsibilities
- Ensure close communication is established with the IT department at the HJFMRI, report any hardware related faults, especially to the computer with HJFMRI barcodes.
- Conduct Preventive maintenance to the computers that are used by data clerks and any others as requested by the region’s authorities.
- To ensure all computers are running up-to-date operating and application software’s include CTC2 database, Pharmacy module, CTC analytics and other system.
- Responsible for every new database that are introduced for the project likeTrain-smart, Male circumcision database etc;
- Develop back-end and front-end connectivity.
- Design, implement and test databases.
- Implement security and access control into databases.
- Ensure software patches are implemented timely.
- Install, configure, and update antivirus software.
- Alert users on various security risks, threat, and vulnerabilities
- Perform systems audit on a regular basis.
- Implement security mechanisms and controls in computer systems.
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Degree in Information technology Systems, Information technology and data management, Computer Science and engineering and ICT related causes.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a data manager in the HIV/AIDS program settings.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspect’s Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask Job.
To Read More about Responsibilities, Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge Please download the attached PDF file HERE
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th August, 2023.