Regional Community Service Coordinator (2) at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position Title: Regional Community Service Coordinator (2)
Work Station: Regional Project Manager
Location: Simiyu & Mara
The Regional Community Service Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate the rapid implementation of comprehensive, community-based HIV prevention and testing services targeting key vulnerable populations (KVP) in Mara & Simiyu region
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage staff working on the community-based HIV prevention project reaching KVP in the region
- Develop Regional annual and quarterly work plans and supervise implementation at the regional level to ensure all targets are met
- Coordinate the provision of the Linkage Case Management (LCM) services
- Organize the orientation of the local and Regional government authorities and other stakeholders about the community-based HIV prevention project
- Organize the training/orientation of healthcare workers in the selected health facilities on the community-based HIV prevention project
- Liaise with regional authorities and stakeholders as the representative for AMREF regional office for technical and supportive guidance
- Participate in the development and implementation of innovative approaches for index testing.
- Coordinate and conduct mapping of hot spots and size estimation where KVP including adolescent girls and young women are found
- Supervise the recruitment and training of community outreach Volunteers (COV) and lay counselors from peer groups to implement the outreach services.
- Supervise the recruitment and training of Community Expert Client (CEC) to implement the linkage Case Management Services (LCM).
- Supervise implementation of safety and ethical index testing services by adherence to set standards, IPV risk assessment and adverse events monitoring
- Ensure adequate data collection and timely, complete and clean reporting of regional data to the central level
- Lead implementation of community-based test-and-treat strategies for cohorts of HIV positive beneficiaries and PrEP uptake for HIV negative beneficiaries, including identifying gaps and drop-offs along the cascade and working with district teams to identify and implement strategies to minimize drop-offs and ensure adequate supplies for smooth program implementation
- Lead implementation of community-based HIVST to the targeted population including identifying gaps and drop-offs along the cascade and ensure adequate supplies for smooth program implementation
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Medical qualified candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher including: BSc Nursing, MD or DDS OR
- Non-medical personnel with a Master’s degree or higher in the following fields: Public Health (preferred), Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Gender Studies, or Community Development.
- Required: Minimum 4 years working experience in HIV care and/or HIV prevention with a donor-funded organization. Preferred: experience with community-based and or KVP focused HIV programs
- Required: Minimum 2 years’ experience directly supervising/managing a multidisciplinary team, with demonstrated skills in leading teams of public health professionals with experience in developing and executing work plans and budgets
- Required: Familiarity with PEPFAR-funded projects.
- Flexible to work after normal working hours and weekends at various community locations
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer volunteers by facilitating a nonjudgmental, nondiscriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all beneficiaries regardless of their background.
- Demonstrated knowledge on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, and adherence and psychosocial support programs
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong technical guidance for any interventions related to HIV care and prevention to KVP.
- Ability to work independently and travel extensively to remote areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and Power point at minimum)</li
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.