Regional Business Development and Partnerships Manager at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Regional Business Development and Partnerships Manager
Dar es Salaam
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956.
Regional Business Development and Partnerships Manager Vacancy at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Overall Purpose of The Role:
The Regional Business Development and Partnerships Manager will drive new business development in support of all countries in the East Africa and Great Lakes (EAGL) region (Burundi, Djibouti, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Sudan and Uganda,); creating, identifying and assessing new funding opportunities while promoting learning and innovation in the region. The role is expected to maintain a consistent standard of donor relationship and high-quality proposal development across variable country contexts; and will actively seek to support DRC in delivering quality and innovative interventions, multi-country funding opportunities and consortium partnerships
Strategic stakeholder engagement:
- Supports the process to position DRC for relevant programming across the EAGL region though engagement with key stakeholders at regional level;
- Supports positive relationships with institutional donor representatives within a regional or multi-country context in collaboration with the Business Development Taskforce;
- Proactively engages on a strategic basis with institutional donors at regional level in order to facilitate technical programme exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding;
- Actively seeks partnerships and collaboration with non-traditional DRC partners and donors at regional level, in order to open doors and provide information to country programmes;
- Assists in identifying and establishing strategic partnerships across the region in collaboration with the Regional Office (RO) and Country Office (CO) SMTs.
- Leads the design and implementation of regional resource mobilisation strategies intended to strengthen funding and partnerships to deliver the regional strategic development plan and results plan;
- Supports the adequate resourcing of programmes within the EAGL region;
- Monitors the funding pipeline and leads on new business development and forecasting at a regional level;
- Actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of supporting DRC’s programming in the EAGL region;
- Actively tracks multi-country funding opportunities and looks for new consortium partnerships with stakeholders at regional level for multi-country programming.
- Prepares all necessary groundwork for multi-country or multi-regional proposal development and bid management;
- Helps assemble bid development teams;
- Provides effective bid project management at regional level;
- Ensures quality of proposals of multi-country or multi-regional bids to ensure high quality competitive proposals in order to successfully secure institutional donor funds at scale.
Coordination of the Business Development Taskforce:
- Coordinates with the Regional Business Development Taskforce on key engagement and funding opportunities that are priorities for the RO or Country SMT;
- Coordinates at Global, Regional and Country level to access donor intelligence, business opportunities and develop in-country skills. Brokering and streamlining assistance from senior management teams, technical coordinators, programme coordinators and donor focal points;
- Supports staff within the region to develop business development strategic component of country level strategies and to secure funding opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the Business Development Unit.
- Incorporate staff development strategies and performance management systems into team building process.
- Regional Business Development and Partnerships Manager Vacancy at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency;
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, or International Development or other relevant experience. An Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience leading a PDQM, fundraising or business development department;
- Demonstrable experience working in business development in EAGL countries;
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies;
- Proven ability to secure new business opportunities and partnerships;
- Experience working with technical teams to develop program proposals that are funded by institutional donors;
- Strong networking, representation, and negotiation skills;
- Superior computer skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and preferably in French as well.
Contract: Until 31st December 2022 with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff conditions in the respective Country; Manager Band F
Availability: Immediatley or 1st July 2022
Duty station: This position can be based in either of the following locations; Burundi,Congo,Djibouti ,Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Sudan , South Sudan ,Somalia or Tanzania with travel within East Africa and Great Lakes Region
Reporting Line: Regional Head of Programme
Direct Reportees: Alternative Finance Specialist, Grants Coordinator, Partnerships Specialist & Communications Intern.
Providing equal opportunities: We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards: DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 22nd May 2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16th May, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE