Region Project Officer x10 at Amref Health Africa –Tanzania
- Company: Amref Health Africa –Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa –Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania has been awarded by Africa CDC through its SAVING
LIVES AND LIVELIHOOD INITIATIVE to support the Government of Tanzania’s initiative to accelerate uptake and coverage of COVID 19 vaccine services within ten regions of Tanzania (Iringa, Katavi, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Manyara, Mbeya, Mtwara, Rukwa, Singida and Songwe). With this regard, Amref Tanzania is seeking competent candidates to fill the following positions.
|Job Title:||Region Project Officer (10 posts)|
|Reports to:||Project Technical Coordinator – SLL Project|
|Duty Station:||Iringa, Katavi, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Manyara, Mbeya, Mtwara, Rukwa, Singida and Songwe|
|Start Date:||August 2022|
The Region Project Officer will work closely with Region and Council Health Management teams (R/CHMTs) and provide overall coordination and oversight on the implementation of project activities in the particular region. The Region Project Officer will coordinate supervision of vaccination activities, support vaccine stock management, and routine tracking of vaccine coverage performance in the particular region.
Key Duties/Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
- Coordinate and support the implementation of project-supported COVID 19 vaccination activities in the region including facility-led outreaches, campaigns and supportive supervision
- Timely processing of payment for vaccinators and government officials
- Key liaison and project contact person with RHMT and CHMT in the project region
COVID 19 Vaccine Supply Monitoring
- In collaboration with the Region and District Immunization and Vaccine officer (R/DIVO), ensures availability of COVID 19 vaccines at the Region and District Vaccine Store (R/DVS) and at the health facility level at all the time
- Work under the guidance of R/DIVO to support the distribution and redistribution of vaccines from RVS to DVS and to the health facilities
- Support R/DIVOs to Conduct daily vaccine stock monitoring at RVS, DVS, and Health Facilities
- Assist R/DIVO in the project of vaccine utilization for a timely refill and reducing wastage
Project Monitoring and reporting
- Ensure availability of data collection tools at the facility level and to the outreach teams
- Support health facilities on timely submission of their daily reports
- Review submitted reports at the council to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Review compiled data at the Region level to ensure consistency and accuracy before submission to the IVD program
- Ensure vaccination data is timely entered into the Chanjo COVID database to avoid unnecessary data processing backlogs
- Conduct periodic data quality assessments in project support sites
- Conduct weekly performance progress reviews with RHMT and CHMT
- Prepare and submit weekly region performance project report to project manager for compilation and submission to donor
- Prepared region monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual narrative reports and submit to the project manager
- Provide technical support, mentoring, and coaching to field support staff to effectively execute their routine activities
- Monitor daily performance of field support assistants to timely determine sites needing more attention
- Provide logistical support to field support assistants for smooth execution of planned activities
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Medicine, or Social Science
- At least 3 years of “hands-on experience” in the Monitoring and Evaluation field. Experience in working with COVID and vaccination interventions will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with Tanzania Health System, LGAs, RHMT, and CHMT
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at regional and district levels
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with LGAs, RHMT and CHMT, government personnel, stakeholders, and local partners
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names, and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on July 26, 2022. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, WhatsApp, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.