Records Management Officer at Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
- Company: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Records Management Officer- 01 Positions Advertisement
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
Position Title: Records Management Officer
Location: Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga
Report: Assistant Human Resources Manager
Summary: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer. The mine is an open pit operation based upon the 146-hectareMwadui kimberlite pipe, which is one of the world’s largest economic kimberlites. For over 80 years, Williamson Diamond Limited has lived side by side and co-existed peacefully with the communities around Mwadui, while implementing a wide range of development programs for the last ten years, focusing on promoting the lives and livelihoods of the communities surrounding Mwadui Mine Site.
Role Description: Responsible for the creation and storage of HR recorded information, maintaining employees confidential files, retrieving and disposing off employees data.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of electronic and/or paper-based employees information
- Identify the most appropriate records management resources
- Design and develop HR filing systems
- Set up and review documenting records systems
- Establish retention and disposal schedules
- Advise on HR records management procedures, providing a framework to guide the management of records and use of the employer’s records system
- Standardize information sources throughout an organization.
- Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelor of Arts in Information and Record Management OR Bachelor of Arts in Records and Archives Management or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Strong technical skills of HR Information systems.
- Experience in working closely with teams to achieve progress or tasks.
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office/excel and programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English/Swahili
Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Planning, coordinating and prioritizing
- Attentive to details
- Customer relations
- Team Player
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 15th October, 2022 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P 0. Box 23,
Mwadui – Shinyanga.
Or drop the same through the following email, [email protected]
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 31st October, 2022 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: Phone Call: +255 28 276 3872+255 767 744 617;