Receptionist – Tanzania at World Bank Group
- Company: World Bank Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
Background / General description
The World Bank Tanzania Country Office is seeking to recruit a Receptionist on a 3-year term appointment. The Receptionist will be responsible mainly for receiving the clients as the first point of contact; providing general assistance with correspondence and information inquiries. This position works closely with and reports to the Senior Executive Assistant under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Greets, assists and announces clients, vendors and others in the office.
• Provides appropriate basic responses and directs visitors to appropriate individuals.
• Provide a high-quality telephone service (the switchboard) – answering queries, taking accurate phone messages and ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the intended recipient and in an efficient, pleasant and effective manner.
• Update the staff contacts list and distribute monthly.
• Updating visiting missions staff list on a daily basis.
• Maintain an up-to-date Emergency Contact List for the Country Office staff and visitors.
• Manages incoming and outgoing mail, ensure that any mail addressed to the Country Office is properly registered and reaches the Front Office as quickly as possible.
• Ensure timely distribution of incoming and outgoing mails from/to the Bank clients as well as internal recipients; record official letter dispatches by keeping a detailed log.
• Assists internal and external clients with general inquiries and/or provides guidance.
• Supports logistics coordination for conferences, workshops, retreats, learning events, send invitations to participants and follow up on confirmation of attendance as necessary.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of Government Officials, Donors, UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, vendors and other institutions and persons regularly associated with the work of the Country Office.
• Ensure a neat and tidy appearance of reception and waiting area.
• Provide back-up support to other ACS staff as needed.
• Provide general office support as required and assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the Country Office.
• Minimum of certificate in Business Studies or related fields
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience
• Proven ability to work well in teams, especially in multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work under pressure and within specific deadlines
• Ability to work with tact and respect confidentially, as appropriate
• Technology and systems knowledge – Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook) and appropriate technology and /or data base management systems.
• Client Orientation – Demonstrates positive client service attitude; is able to develop good working relationships with internal/external clients.
• Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.