Receptionist A1 (04/21 DAR) – Maternity Cover at British Embassy
- Company: British Embassy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Main purpose of job:
Welcome visitors and manage the British High Commission
Roles and responsibilities:
- Management of joint reception area for BHC Tanzania
- Greet visitors and alert staff of visitor’s arrival
- Handle and redirect calls through the switchboard
- Answer basic telephone queries or redirect to relevant staff member to answer
- Oversee the distribution of office newspapers
- Update and distribute BHC meeting room registers
- Receive / stamp incoming invoices & forward to budget monitors / accountants
- Arrange hotel reservations for various sections in British High Commission Tanzania.
- Raise requisitions on the BHC PRISM system.
- Provide administrative assistance as directed by Line Manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service
- Team working
- Fluent English and Kiswahili
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
FCDO Mandatory Courses
Monday – Thursday 7:30 – 3:30, Friday 7:30 – 01:00
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission Dar Es Salaam are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th September , 2021.