Re-integration Officer x4 at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Re-integration Officer ( 4 Posts)
Duty station: Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Zanzibar
Reporting to: Alternative Care Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Reintegration Officer is responsible for planning, developing and implementing reintegration of children and youths, and appropriate community mobilization in professional and timely manner.
- Ensures that processes for the reintegration of children and youths are in line with national and organizational policies, legislation, and standards, and that commitments to the donor, communities, and other programme partners are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Conduct family tracing, assess the safety and suitability of returning children and youths from the care of SOS Children’s Villages to their biological par- ents/relatives, and build an effective reunification/reintegration plan for individual children and youths.
- Mobilize authorities, community-based organizations, and community members to gain their support and/or participation in project implementation by creating awareness among all stakeholders about the project’s goal, objectives, and progress.
- Prepare children, youth, and their biological parents/relatives for effective reunification/reintegration and escort the children and youths during reunifi
- Making appropriate linkages for successful reintegration of children, youths and their biological children by addressing their needs in the following domains: placement issues, safety issues, education, health, mental health, legal proceedings, independent living, child enrichment activities, skills development, economic empowerment, and other necessary social support.
- Conduct post reunification regular monitoring to ensure effective reintegration of children and youths and recommend measures to be taken in order to improve the reintegration.
- Maintains case management information system documentation in accordance with SOS Children’s Villages and the National Case Management
- Provide effective communication, and team work among staff and care givers, at SOS Children Villages for effective delivery of services to children and youth.
- Supports the Sponsorship Coordinator on getting all necessary correspondences for sponsors’
- Contribute to the preparation of annual project work-plan, budgets, performance reports, and quarterly reports, and assist the Program Manager and Alternative Care Coordinator in budget tracking and analysis as necessary.
- At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsors, SOS Children’s Villages’ beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing SOS-Kinderdorf International data protection policy.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, or other related social
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in reunification/reintegration of children with their families of origin.
- Ability to work independently, self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and youth, and to work in diverse communities by maintaining the required high standards.
- Mature personality (male or female), stable socially and emotionally.
- Strong interpersonal and team
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Computer literacy
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above positions should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 refer- ees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 25th November, 2021. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania [email protected]
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted