Re-Insurance Officer x2 at Zanzibar Insurance Corporation
- Company: Zanzibar Insurance Corporation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Zanzibar Insurance Corporation was established on the 20th of June,1969 under the public Enterprises Decree of 1966 legal Notice no.11 of 1969. It is now operating under the public Investment Act No.4 of 2002. The Corporation is a Parastatal organization owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar through the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
ZIC is looking for competitive Insurance Staff to help us expand our business by actively seeking and acquiring new clients. The goal is to formulate strong relationships to ensure growth and preserve Zanzibar Insurance Corporation’s prestige.
The Corporation invites qualified Tanzanians to fill posts as mentioned below:
RE-INSURANCE OFFICER 2 POST
- Coordinates all reinsurance activities.
- Ensures compliance with set standards for reinsurance.
- Assists Unit Head in packaging sound and robust treaty arrangement for the company.
- Preparation of data and statistics for the treaty negotiation.
- Ensure treaty set-up is done before commencement of the year.
- Ensures all regulatory applications are filed within the stipulated timeframe.
- Ensures prompt settlement of reinsurance premiums.
- Collaborates with Claims Unit on notification and recovery of claims from reinsurers.
- Ensures immediate cession of risks beyond the company’s underwriting capacity through treaty and facultative cessions.
- Ensure facultative outward slips are sent to reinsurers within 24hours of receiving acceptance from reinsurers.
- Ensures prompt reconciliation of year-end accounts with reinsurers.
- Analyses facultative inward transactions and issues necessary documents after acceptance.
- Reconcile reinsurance accounts with the Reinsurers.
- Carries out any other assignment from the head of the Department.
Requirements and skills
- Proven insurance experience
- Hands-on experience with “smart Policy systems”, analytical tools and statistical packages (spreadsheets, etc.)
- Sensible judgement and attention to detail
- Confident decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Degree in Insurance and Risk Management
Remuneration will be according to the ZIC salary scales and other terms and conditions of ZIC
Method of ApplicationApplication letters accompanied by a detailed CV, Birth certificate, and Certified copies of academic certificates.
All applications must be sent to [email protected] with the subject of the position applied
Deadline 13th of April 2022
- Testimonials/provision results/statements of results are not accepted.
- This is renewable contract-based employment
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE