RCP Program Technician at Global Volunteers
- Company: Global Volunteers
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
JOB TITLE: RCP Program Technician (1)
Global Volunteers is a private, nonsectarian, international, human and economic development organization in consultative status with the United Nations. Established in 1984, Global Volunteers is one of the largest organizations of its kind having engaged more than 34,000 volunteers in 34 countries. At the invitation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania, Iringa Diocese, Global Volunteers has worked in the Iringa region since 1987.
Reaching Children Potential (RCP) program is a child-focused, parent-driven, family-centered, and community-led comprehensive approach that begins with pregnancy, continues through the 18th birthday, and focuses on the first 1,000 days. This program offers parents the tools to deliver the 12 essential services prescribed by UN agencies in the Essential Package. We organized these services into three major categories – eradicating Hunger, improving Health, and enhancing Cognition. Hunger and Health directly support Cognition
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The overall goal of RCP program is to help Parents/Caregivers and Community-based Organizations deliver the essential services required for children to realize their full potential.. Learn more at https://globalvolunteers.org/tanzania-rcp-you-can-make-the-difference/
Global Volunteers is seeking qualified applicant to serve as TECHNICIAN for the RCP program in Ukwega Ward, Kilolo District, Iringa Region. We are looking for individual who is responsible, enthusiastic, quick learners, and able to work well with others of varying backgrounds and education levels.
Successful applicant will need to live in and be able to relocate to Ukwega Ward, Kilolo District – Iringa Region
Duties and Responsibilities
Applicant shall be full-time and shall fulfill the duties as defined and directed by the management and/or as described in the Employee’s Job Description listed below:
- Maintain two large and two small generators
- Maintain computer system at clinic.
- Maintain the water pumps
- Learn and assist staff with web based clinic medical reporting program.
- Learn and assist staff with QuickBooks web based financial program or Excel financial reporting.
- Ensure propane and electrical hot water systems function well.
- Maintain projector and computer system.
- Teach senior staff how to properly use Excel.
- Ensure staff use their tablets properly.
- Maintain (install as required) all electrical and propane appliances – washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, hot water heaters, etc.
- Maintain electrical medical equipment at the clinic.
- Collaborate with US based Technical Managers.
- Submit weekly reports for first six months and monthly reports thereafter describing work performed, successes achieved, challenges encountered, and other items as required by senior management.
- Investigate practicality and cost of alternative energy – wind and solar
- Supervise installation of wind and/or solar systems at RCP Center.
- Manage alternative energy systems.
- Improve internet access for staff and volunteers.
- Identify and propose most cost effective computer and electrical systems.
- Explore ways to bring power to the villages served.
- Coordinate the implementation of electricity at the RCP Center when the government brings electricity to the villages.
- Assist the implementation of RCP Families technologies adaptation including construction of Chicken Coops and Fuel Efficient Stoves
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This individual must be well grounded in and have a strong commitment to Global Volunteers’ Philosophy of Service and the goals of the organization. Must communicate clearly in oral and written form. Required to have strong people skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and manage a substantial caseload. Must have demonstrated ability in spreadsheet (MS EXCEL) and Internet applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
Holder of Ordinary Diploma or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in fields of Mechanical, Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institution.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time job (40+ hours per week)