Quality Officer at Unilever
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Purpose of Role
The Quality Officer’s role is to coordinate and support the implementation of the Food Quality and Safety Management System (FQSMS) in UTTL.
- Implementation of Food Safety ISO standards certification in UTT where applicable
- Implementation of the food safety and quality verification program
- Support Estate and Factory production process to deliver quality tea products that meet customer and consumer requirements.
- Support the implementation of internal audits and closure of actions arising to improve the FQSMS
- To support the implementation of WCM quality pillar in the factories
- Drive programme and verify process control for Food quality and Safety through review/tracking of compliance to critical process parameters
- Support compliance to statutory, Unilever and other requirements in Food safety and QMS.
- To implement all company policies and procedures in the factory and ensure that all employees adhere to them at all times.
- To support units in UTT to ensure compliance to Statutory and Unilever requirements.
- To participate in the implementation of the UTT FQSMS internal audits as scheduled, drive closure of actions to improve the FQSMS.
- To Communicate any FQS related information in UTT
- Coordinate implementation of FQSMS in UTT and ensure documentation of the improvements.
- Undertake other responsibilities as may be assigned by the line manager.
- To participate in financial evaluation, budgeting, control and monitoring of the QA annual revenue budget and expenditure.
- Coordinate implementation of WCM quality pillar as the pillar support in the factories and ensure documentation of the improvements.
- In consultation with management and other departments, plan and fulfil the FSQ training needs in UTT.
- Participate in the modular training of factory employees to the required level of proficiency.
- Offer training and development to staff to meet the present and future needs of the business on FQSMS, WCM, statutory requirements and ISO.
- Implement Good Manufacturing practices in all sections of manufacture in the production shifts.
- Collecting and monitoring of production process data, analyze and generate daily, weekly and monthly quality reports.
QUALITY & ISO
- Support the Implementation Quality and Consumer safety Management System and ISO in the Field and Factory as per Unilever, legal and other requirements.
- Support unit FSQMS reviews as per requirements.
- Support field and factory teams in the process for production of quality made tea in line with customer and consumer specifications.
- Support the Implementation the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) system in the units.
- Review and Monitor CTT and TBO tea tasting report and close gaps through scheduled reviews with factories, monitoring/measurement and documented corrective actions.
- Initiates and implement quality improvement plans and activities in the units in liaison with the unit manager.
- Support the Implementation of the Good Manufacturing/Agricultural/Saleroom Practices (GMP/GMP/GSP) in the Units.
- Support the implementation of WCM quality pillar in the factories
- Carry out monthly FQSM meetings in the Field and Factories as scheduled.
STOCKS & ASSETS
- Monitor stock levels, approval, movement and use. Validate stock and non-stock items.
- Approval of receipts and issues of stocks in the QA.
- Provide input into the development of capital proposals in the Operational Excellence department.
- Responsible for the company assets in the unit of responsibility.
- Flag redundant / obsolete assets to manager for disposal.
- Implement projects as agreed with Line manager.
- Collate and document innovative Quality related ideas to ensure continuous improvement in quality.
- Implementation and follow up on improvement ideas from units and share best practice.
FINANCE, LOGISTICS & SUPPLIES
- Initiates the requisition process for additional stocks in line with QA requirements and authorise issues of items from QA.
- Provide proposals for input into the annual budget preparations.
- Control direct budgetary expenses through resource allocation and utilisation in QA.
- Implement relevant aspects of the accounting manual.
- Provide input into the monthly accounts review and implements agreed actions.
- Control QA expenditure in line with the budget and submit to the Line Manager for approval any supplementary savings or over-expenditure.
- Implements employee establishment in QA.
- To facilitate implementation of all company policies, regulations, guidelines and standards such as social, financial and Unilever Code of Business Principles among others.
SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT & RA
- Implement of Safety, Health & Environmental management systems as per Unilever standards and legislation within the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate implementation of standard operating procedures, specific work instructions and ensure compliance and collate proposals for reviews.
- Coordinate implementation of QA related elements of the of Rain Forest Alliance (RA) guidelines/Standards in the units
- Implement agreed welfare programmes and attend planned meetings ensuring completion of agreed actions.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Graduate in Food Science, Production Technology, Mechanical, Electrical, Agricultural, Chemical Engineering or Bachelor of Science Chemistry/Biochemistry.
- 5 Years’ experience in Manufacturing.
- Experience in Tea Tasting & Manufacture is an added advantage.
As per job/site requirements, local travel likely. In consultation with management and other departments, plan and fulfil the FSQ training needs in UTT.
Should meet expectations on the Unilever Standards of Leadership behaviors relevant to this work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th October , 2021.