Quality Manager at Diageo
- Company: Diageo
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits).
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
The Payroll Operations Team within the Employee Experience Tower contributes to the delivery of payroll for Diageo across Europe & Africa; constantly liaising with 3rd party Service Providers.
The team works within an uncompromising pay cycle time frame, providing a consistently reliable and accurate service within a multifaceted environment from both ongoing legislative and Policy changes.
Purpose of Role:
The Quality Manager is charged with ensuring and overseeing quality of raw materials and supplier management as well as management of in processes such as brewing, fermentation and final products. The position holder will ensure the brand and business image is protected by ensuring quality processes are functioning optimally.
- To provide Quality Assurance/Control Services in beer and spirit processing and build a quality system/culture across the business.
- Ensure efficient and effective laboratory management through reporting of accurate results and coordination of processes.
- Maintain consistent product quality and brand distinctiveness.
- Ensuring supplier management through implementation of standards and supplier approval for raw materials, audits and compliance to agree upon specifications.
- Ensuring quality management systems are applied in the various supply processes, e.g. ISO and Food Safety.
- Supervise verification methods for compliance to plant hygiene standards and pest control programmes.
- Ensuring effective environmental management through minimising on all emissions from the effluent treatment plant.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BSc in Food Science – Technology, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Trained auditor certificate for QMS, HACCP, EMS & OHSAS.
- Proven experience in production (5+ plus) or quality assurance environmental and safety management systems within middle management level.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of quality systems, brewing and packaging processes and legal requirements to the food industry.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th June, 2022.