Purchasing Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Performing day to day purchasing activities in a supply office (coordination and project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project. .
Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
• Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier- item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
• At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
• Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
• Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
• Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
• Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Results oriented
• Service Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Stress Management
• Basic knowledge on ERP system and Microsoft office.
• Desirable Diploma or Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics/Procurement or relevant university degree.
• Experience: Minimum of 2 years technical experience
• Experience of working in MSF or any other international NGO in humanitarian projects is a strong asset.
Languages: English and Swahili (speak, read and write), French will be an asset
Job Education Requirements: Diploma or Bachelor degree in Supply Chain
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday 15th August 2019 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “PURCHASING OFFICER” and send to email address [email protected] or The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.