Purchasing Officer at CMS (Tanzania) Limited
- Company: CMS (Tanzania) Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PURCHASING OFFICER -1 Position
CMS (Tanzania) Limited is a highly respected mineral exploration drilling company with operations in Tanzania. An industry leader in safety with ambitious growth strategies, we are seeking applications for a dedicated and professional Purchasing Officer who would like to join our dynamic team. This position will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that contributes towards the exciting growth of the mining industry in Tanzania.
Purchasing Officer – 1 Position
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
- Coordinating with the Expediting Officer and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled. Attending product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner. Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and logistics, or a related field may be required.
- Previous experience in a similar position at least 2 Years.
- Proficiency in the relevant Procurement management software programs/ERPs.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- The ability to identify market trends and make decisions in a high-stress environment.
- Excellent networking and time management skills.
- Worked in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Teamwork skills and Excellent time management skills Math, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software, inventory management tools and accounting applications Registered member of Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB)
Method of ApplicationIf you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 8 November 2022.
CMS(Tanzania) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply.