Purchasing Manager at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Company: Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Ensure all local and corporate policies, rules, internal controls and procedures and safeguards as they relate to the Purchasing Department are complied with.
- Ensure proper authorization has been obtained for all hotel-specific purchasing contracts and conduct, manage and complete competitive bids in accordance with policy and ensure bids are on file where applicable prior to execution of contracts.
- Ensure Management Agreement and all other Purchasing Agreement terms and conditions are fulfilled. Monitor the status of slow-moving stocks and ensure a Slow-Moving Stocks Report is circulated monthly to the Director of Finance and the respective Division Heads concerned.
- Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly documented and accounted for, completed and approved before a purchase order is prepared and the items are purchased.
- Supervise the day-to-day functions of the Receiving Clerk and ensure that all items received by the hotel are properly documented in accordance with Four Seasons Purchasing and Receiving Procedures. It needs to be applied at Arusha office (77) and at the lodge.
- Manage purchasing team rotation between Arusha office (77) and the lodge.
- Assist Accounts Payable Clerk in researching any discrepancies on invoices.
- Ensure that all storage areas are secure, clean and properly organized.
- Establish and maintain par stocks on all inventoried items, keeping in mind that inventory levels must be kept as low as possible without compromising the efficiency of the hotel.
- Complete the corporate annual operating equipment and supply requirements with the corporate Purchasing Department and the appropriate hotel department heads, including quarterly review and update of annual forecasts.
- Coordinate purchases related to capital projects with the corporate Purchasing Department as well as outside contractors.
- Conduct frequent quality control audits to ensure staff is properly trained and following established procedures.
- Familiar with hygiene standards and perform hygiene audits as required.
- Familiar with Food & Beverage and other operating products used in hospitality business. Monitor daily costs and prepare or review a daily and month-to-date Food & Beverage Cost Report.
- Cost and record steward sales and other similar cost credit items on a daily basis.
- As required, attend Food & Beverage Meeting to review prior month’s Food & Beverage Cost Report to highlight actions.
- Attend Expiration Meeting with Food & Beverage managers to limit and control disposal items.
- Attend Shipment Meeting with concerned department to control overseas shipments ongoing.
- Ensure goods importation process is up to date at all the times with local requirements from local authorities in charge of importation regulation.
- Ensure COC (Certificate Of Conformity) is done before shipping process to avoid penalty fees while clearing goods from customs.
- Obtaining the COC is the responsibility of the Purchasing Manager.
- Avoid penalties from local authorities while importing goods from overseas.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish the required duties and be willing to assist in the absence of any member of the department.
- Follow all Finance & Hotel Policies & Procedures and Internal Controls in the performance of one’s duties.
- Be willing to assist with hotel or departmental initiatives as applicable.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Constantly keep abreast of new products, services and processes and consult with hotel management on feasibility of implementation.
- Ensure that the department works closely with the Chef and the Food & Beverage Director to purchase the highest quality products while constantly searching for the most competitive price.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance in preparing forecasts and budgets as required locally, by corporate office or Management Agreement.
- Coordinate and participate as necessary in all month-end, quarterly or annual inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
- Ensure Procurement System is well maintained and new users trained properly.
- Support Home Office and the hotel’s Safety Committee and Green initiatives.
- Work closely with consultants to ensure the full benefit of their advice is realized.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: College Certificate or Diploma.
Experience: Two (2) to five (5) years experience with a Purchasing Department, preferably within a hotel
Skills and Abilities:
- Require working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and all corporate policies and procedures.
- Require a strong experience on importation process in Tanzania.
- Require knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment and excellent Excel and Computer Skills, Material Control knowledge would be ideal and greatly valued.
- Strategic, analytical and have solid business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings.
Travel required: Can be requested to travel between Arusha office (77) and the Lodge. Position based at the Lodge.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th July, 2022.