Pump Operator x4 at Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL)
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacant positions currently available in the company as follows below…
Pump Operator (4 Posts)
This person Operates Irrigation Water Pumps within the estate He/she will be reporting to Irrigation Assistant
Duties of Pump Operator:
- Operates Irrigation Water pumping equipment within the estate;
- Reads flow meters and gauges to regulate equipment according to water consumption and demand;
- Inspects pumping equipment to detect malfunctions, such as pump leaks or worn bearings;
- Performs minor Repairs and lubricates equipment, using hand tools;
- Records data, such as utilization of equipment, power consumption, and water output in log;
- Adhere to working environment safety measures by wearing specialized PPE; and
- Any other duties as assigned by his/her seniors.
Qualification and Experience:
- Holder of Trade Test certificate in Pump Operation/Plumbing coupled with provable on job training;
- At least 1 year experience on similar role;
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use PPE; and
- Deftness and attention to detail.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits will be as per the Company’s Salary scales/structures and the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is September 15th, 2020.