Pump Operator x2 at Duwasa
- Company: Duwasa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) is an autonomous water utility legally charged with the delivery of water supply and sewerage disposal services to urban residents of Dodoma City. The Authority was established under section 3(i) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as repealed by Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009 and Act No. 5 of 2019. It was declared a fully autonomous entity by order of the Minister responsible for water sector on 13th February, 1998; and was officially inaugurated on 1st July, 1998. The Authority has mandate to provide water supply and sewerage disposal services in Dodoma City and Clustered towns of Bahi, Chamwino and Kongwa.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzania male and female, to fill in the following excellent carrier opportunities:
Pump Operator (2 Posts):
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Holder of Form IV with Trade Test grade I in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering/Pump Engineering from VETA or equivalent qualification and three years relevant experience as an artisan in the pump house and dam.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates water pumps according to agreed schedules and ensures that the right quantity of water is pumped from the storage tanks.
- Monitors water level in the storage water tanks.
- Ensures that the required dosage of chlorine/chemicals is administered according to the required standards.
- Records the amount of pumped water at established time intervals.
- Keeps in safe custody water treatment chemicals and reagents.
- Advises on the stock level of chemicals.
- Records the amount of pumped water from booster pump to the distribution network at established time intervals.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THE POSTS:
- Unspecified Period of Time (Permanent and Pensionable).
AGE LIMIT FOR THE APPLICANTS:
- Applicants should not be above 45 years of age.
- The posts carry attractive remunerations package.
- DUWASA main office, Chamwino, Kongwa or Bahi stations.
Method of Application
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV, Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees, day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before or on 24th June, 2020.
The Managing Director, Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, P.O.Box 431, Tel: 026 – 2324245, Fax: 026 – 2320060, DODOMA E-mail: [email protected]
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW; AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES UNSUCCESFUL CANDIDATES.
“Tanzanian Women are highly encouraged to apply””