Psychological Counselor at Amani Centre for Street Children
- Company: Amani Centre for Street Children
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Amani Centre for Street Children is a nationally registered NGO based in Moshi, Kilimanjaro with its branch in Arusha and Singida. Amani is committed to reducing the number of children living on the streets in Tanzania by providing a safe place for homeless children to heal, grow, and learn and – when possible – by reuniting them with their relatives. Amani seeks to recruit 1 dynamic and innovative person to fill the following new position at Amani Centre for Street Children-Arusha Safe House.
Psychological Counselor (1) Part time position, Arusha
Key responsibilities shall include:
- Taking the lead, in collaboration with other staff members, to ensure a comprehensive program of counseling that enables each child to get professional attention and the support needed.
- Develop and Implement Sexual Health programs for children and youth, co-conduct group counseling sessions to youth and children at Amani Arusha Safe House.
- Plan and conduct weekly individual (psychological) counseling sessions to children with severe behavior and emotional difficulties in order to address specific needs, and ensure follow-up systems to improve and/or help them change their behavior and/or emotions.
- Develop and conduct professional training sessions on counseling skills for all staff.
- Bachelor degree in Psychological Counseling, or Child Psychology or
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or Sociology from recognized Training Institutions, with additional intensive training in Psychological Counseling or Child Psychology.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in working with children with severe behavioral and/or emotional difficulties, both one-on-one, and through group sessions.
- A good understanding of the realities of street children and youth.
- Proven knowledge about Life Skills and Sexual Health training and coaching for children and youth.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English required.
Method of ApplicationTo apply, please send us: your CV with copies of relevant certificates/diplomas.
Contacts for 3 professional referees (phone and email).
A clear application letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the post Your salary expectations (range).
Human Resource Coordinator, Amani Centre for Street Children, P.O. Box 6515, Moshi, Kilimanjaro Tanzania, or email to: [email protected] not later than 28th June 2021.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted