Psychiatric Nurse (5) at Tanzania Red Cross Society
- Company: Tanzania Red Cross Society
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
POSITION: PSYCHIATRIC NURSE (5 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: Nduta Camp (Kibondo DC) and Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC)
Reports to: Patron/Matron
Age limit: Not above 45 Years.
- Provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing
- Develop care plans for patients, helping them be as independent as possible
- Administer and monitor treatment regimens
- Administer prescribed medications, making constant adjustments commensurate with a patient’s condition under the supervision of qualified medical staff
- Observe and report behavioral changes
- Maintain control of drugs and medications
- Help patients improve their coping abilities
- Work with patients’ families to help improve the patient’s abilities & help them deal with family member’s mental illness
- Record all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned by the the supervisor
- Diploma in Nursing with specialization in mental health from a recognized
- At least 2 (two) years working experience in the same
- Able to work in the refugee camps
- Must have a valid TNMC registration.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than January 25th 2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].