PSN Data Associate at HelpAge International
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
PSN Data Associate
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a PSN Data Associate (PDA) for the Burundian Refugee Response programme based in Kibondo District in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. , We are looking for a dynamic person with relevant skills, experience and qualifications to join a dedicated team responsible for implementation of Project activities for People with Special Needs (PSNs) and People with Disabilities (PWDs) including older persons in Nduta, Mtendeli and Nyarugusu.
To ensure PSN data are entered, stored securely, processed and managed sufficiently to inform intervention as per the needs identified within the framework of refugee response in Kigoma Region of Tanzania.
HelpAge is seeking for a PSN Data Associate with Information Technology (IT) skills to conduct all steps of Data collection, assessment and analysis. Data worker may be Centre based or work as part of a mobile outreach team. Strong awareness of and experience in working with issues around PSN information management system will be added value as essential for this post.
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Statistics or any other relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 2-4 years hands on relevant professional experience especially in Data Associate.
- Experience of working on Data issues.
- Demonstrable interest in ageing issues
- Experience in working with refugee population is preferred.
- Understanding of protection and human rights issues concerning the refugees a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Good report writing skills
- Facilitation and training skills
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Respectful and courteous.
- Able to maintain a high level of ethical standards
- Ability to train and motivate others, taking into account cultural and language differences
- Ability to use basic computer packages (Word, Excel, SPSS, publisher)
- Ability to communicate in both English, Kiswahili, Kirundi or French a plus
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: [email protected]
Applications should be sent before Tuesday 25th August 2020. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity mployer. Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.