Property Manager at Absa House – ABT
- Company: Absa House – ABT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Responsible in delivering exceptional results/performance in daily management and maintenance of Absa Bank Tanzania real estate portfolio to the satisfaction of both the staff in respective locations, management, customers/clients as well as Regulatory requirements.
CRES Strategy and Engagement
- Ensure full compliance to policies, legislation and regulations, inclusive of Principle Risk compliance, preparation and monitoring of dispensation, waivers & breaches
- Ensure CRES Strategy is aligned to overall business strategy
- Develop detailed analysis and reporting of the Real Estate portfolio, maintenance costs and CRES projects to inform the Operations strategy
- Ensure governance is complied with at all times
- Participate and contribute to the annual and long-term planning and strategy sessions for Operations on analysis of past performance and best practice in the market
- Ensure that property portfolios are appropriately managed on a day-to-day basis including oversight of both capital investment projects and engineering projects
- Ensure construction contractual service level obligations are met in line with respective business needs
- Premises accountability;
- Provision and maintenance of furniture, fittings and equipment, including periodic tracking and verification of fixed asset movement
- Disposal and swift execution of reactive and preventative maintenance of premises and site remedial/refurbishment activities
- Ensure lease information is complete and accurate, managing all lease events with appropriate approvals i.e. negotiations, renewals, termination and disposal
- Drive savings through process and cost efficiency; working in conjunction with overall Commercial Services Unit to proactively identify initiatives of reducing costs and initiate projects to implement the measures
- Oversee contractors’ invoices are verified and payments are made promptly
- Work closely with business areas to ensure that implementation projects are incepted and delivered, realising property benefit
Deliver service excellence to stakeholders
- All queries received are tracked and processed and any pending queries are escalated to the line manager with reason for not being able to accomplish
- Ensure third parties complaints are handled according to laid down procedures on complaint handling
- Institute and analyze periodical internal customer perception survey to improve customer satisfaction
- Maintain excellent liaison with other suppliers and internal customers (staff)
- Ensure 100% projects completed on time
- Develop meaningful MI that will assist the stakeholders in tracking performance
- Ensure availability of accurate and reliable information when requested
- Build and maintain an effective relationship between Commercial Services Unit and all
- other Business functions
Risk and Controls Objectives
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of Application
Closing Date : 7th November, 2020.