Property Management Clerk at IRMCT
- Company: IRMCT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the General Services Section/Administration Services, Registry, Arusha Branch, under the
supervision of the Property Management Assistant, and overall guidance of the General Services Officer.
*Appointment of the successful candidate to this position will be subject to budgetary approval.
• Conduct receiving and inspection process of incoming shipment and post results through Umoja goods receipt
• Carry out data maintenance and enrichment of the property in Umoja.
• Ensure recognition and capitalization of property in accordance with IPSAS.
• Based on established criteria and in coordination with the Unit Supervisor, determine appropriate disposal action for
equipment, trade-in, donation or retirement and assist with the physical disposal activities of written off property by
collaborating in the sale of non-expendable property declared surplus or unserviceable and in the destruction of property.
• Maintain records of all UN property approved for sales, trade-ins, donations, destructions and write-offs.
• Participate in the physical inventory verifications (PV) of property, plants and equipment. Ensure physical verification is
conducted and PV results uploaded in Umoja in accordance with the guidelines.
• Produce PV discrepancies report, liaise with Self Accounting Unitsfor reconciliation and update of records in Umoja
• Assist in preparation of reconciliation reports, quarterly reports, IPSAS closing of accounts for property and provide data
for insurance purposes.
• Assist Supervisor in training staff members and explaining work procedures, practices or requirements.
• Act as back up Supervisor and focal point on matters relating to property management.
• Assist in GSS warehouse management, receive authorized on-line requisitions for stock issuance, verify the requisitions
and ensure that supplies are issued to requesting offices/sections as per approved requisitions.
• Assist in checking out and signing off Clearance Certificates of departing staff.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject
matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by
professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains
calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation
and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing
others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and
acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit
for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and
assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
United Nations International Residual
Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience in administration, asset management, supply,
warehousing and inventory control or related area is required. Knowledge of IPSAS requirements in relation to
property and equipment, ability to organize and summarize data and information required for a variety of
reports, ability to maintain and operate management control systems for assets and materials, a good
command of Microsoft Excel and transactional Umoja/SAP experience may be advantages.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. or the post advertised, fluency in oral and
written English is required.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.