Project Technical And Administrative Officer at The East African Community (EAC)
- Company: The East African Community (EAC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Organ : EAC Secretariat
Reports to : Project Coordinator
Station : Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
Provision of technical and administrative support to the project .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of terms of reference for consultancies/studies and follow up
- Development of background papers and invitations for trainings and meetings
- Scheduling of trainings and meetings in line with the implementation plan
- Oversight of development of training manuals and programs
- Organization of Trainings and Meetings
- Development of initial concept papers for Topical Seminars and Conferences
- Compilation and dissemination of post activity reports
- Monitoring and evaluation of project implementation in line with the logframe
- Follow up on procurement with the Project Admin Assistant
- Liaison with Civil Society and Academia stakeholders on relevant project implementation components
- Preparations of Reports/Research outputs for dissemination
- Preparation of Regular Briefing notes to both internal and external stakeholders as may be required.
- Ensure meticulous maintenance of project records
- Preparation convening and follow up of Technical Steering Committee decisions
- Support to Project Manager on communications and visibility
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the project manager
- Provides administrative support such as assisting consultants, responding to inquires;
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, travel and accommodations arrangements and/or other similar activities;
- Produces general memoranda, presentations and reports as directed by the Project Manager;
- Assist in the logistical aspects of the Regional Technical Steering Committee, Project Steering Committee and the Sectoral Coordination Committee meetings;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/Law
- Post Graduate Qualifications in any area of Peace and Security.
- Experience with EDF Procedures an added advantage
- 8 years of experience in which 3 years should be at senior level
Skills and competencies:
- Team Work, Leadership, Results Oriented , Communication, Negotiation, Problem Solving, Judgment/Decision Making, Team player, etc
- Tolerant and good communicator both oral and written Command of English language and report writing skills.
- Time bound Result oriented, Conflict management skills, Culturally , religiously and gender sensitive. Creative and willing to take initiates, Able to work with minimal supervision.
- IT compliant. Should have financial/Project management skills. Must have in-depth knowledge of the EAC integration process ,Peace and Security imperatives and the links with EU, other RECs and the Africa Union Knowledge of Regional Security Dynamics.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of three (2) years and two (2) years months.
This project position offers salary and other attractive fringe benefits as per the project agreement.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with specific professional bodies will be expected to be in compliance with such requirements .
Method of Application
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
East African Community,
P. o Box 1096,
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail: [email protected]
Website : www.eac.int