Project Support Officer at University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Company: University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Dar es Salaam
Application deadline: February 24, 2023
Start date: April 01, 2023
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year
Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs).
UCSF is recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO ‘Global Programs’ to serve as a Project Support Officer for our Dar es Salaam office. This is a full-time position through September 2023, with the possibility of extension subject to continued funding. The position reports to the Finance and Operations Manager and is expected to start on April 01, 2023.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative, operations, and logistical support to the organization. S/he will support office operations and procurement, provide logistical support for meetings, trainings, and field activities, and collaborate with the San Francisco-based Global Programs Operations team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support office and facilities management including routine maintenance of office equipment. Maintain and order office supplies.
- Coordinate procurement.
- Disseminate any administrative policies and SOPs to staff.
- Organize meetings, workshops, and conference calls.
- Collaborate with finance team to arrange for travel and accommodation for staff and visitors, as needed.
- Provide a range of secretarial and administrative services, including coordinating project meetings and trainings.
- Provide support on implementation and administrative activities to the program team in the development and delivery of projects in line with established project plans and objectives.
- Support the PMTCT cascade evaluation activities by conducting brief follow-up phone interviews with participants and preparing required reports.
- Support UCSF-Global Programs finance team as required.
- Control access to the office for visitors and guests.
- Ensure reception area is clean and neat and overall office environment is safe, clean, and organized.
- Direct visitors by maintaining employee and department directories.
- Organize courier deliveries.
- Liaise with the Global Operations Team in San Francisco as needed.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned.
- Periodic travel (10% or less) within Tanzania may be required.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or equivalent from any recognized institution.
- 3-5 years’ experience in office administration, preferably in non-profit and/or PEPFAR organizations.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Teams, as well as Zoom.
- Must be able to set up and maintain moderately complex filing systems and records.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively in a multicultural, internationally based team setting.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili are required.
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings as required (in order to liaise with colleagues abroad).
- Ability to travel in-country to support project activities.
Method of ApplicationAll applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. All applications must include the following: • A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees, of which one should be from your current employer.
• Copies of academic and professional certificates Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to [email protected] and must be received by February 24, 2023.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.