Project Support Officer at Traffic | Wildlife Trade Specialists
- Company: Traffic | Wildlife Trade Specialists
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
Project Support Officer
Contract Length: 12 Months
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, works to ensure that trade in wild animals and plants is not a threat to the conservation of nature. TRAFFIC in East Africa is implementing activities under the USAID-funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili activity in Tanzania, focusing on assessments looking at marine and timber trade, building capacity of law enforcement personnel through training, providing support on creating tools to facilitate effective monitoring of trade in wild species, as well as implementing behaviour change initiatives.
With this background, TRAFFIC is recruiting a Project Support Officer to provide technical support on the implementation of a variety of activities.
Working with the EA Project Manager:
- Provide technical support to ensure successful implementation of the project:
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of project reports, and any other documents as required including review and quality control elements;
- Assist with project administration as needed, including meeting scheduling, writing minutes and agendas, and distributing reference material for meeting preparation.
- Attend training on technical matters as well as donor requirements, including keeping up to date on USAID’s rules and regulations; and,
- Provide other technical and administrative support as may be required.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant science discipline such as biology, zoology, ecology, environmental studies, wildlife management, sociology, or communication is required.
- At least two years of experience working in wildlife conservation is required.
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively within the country and work under pressure.
- Project management and implementation expertise.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Working knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software, as well as electronic communication technology.
- Be legally permitted to work in Tanzania.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
Method of ApplicationApplications must include a cover letter, along with a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to Operations Manager, TRAFFIC International East Africa Office, via email to: [email protected] by midnight Tanzania time, Friday, December 9th, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews will take place virtually or in person in Arusha.