Project Supply Chain Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – PROJECT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER – FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: Project Supply Chain Manager
Direct Reports: DEPUTY COORDINATOR SUPPLY CHAIN (DCSC)
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Support the Deputy Coordinator Supply Chain in defining, coordinating and monitoring the supply chain activities in Coordination according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal running of supply activities in mission.
- In collaboration with the Supply Chain Coordinator or, planning, establishing and reviewing the supply activities in the mission including its budget, in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population
- Monitoring and ensuring the efficient and smooth running of the following supply activities in the coordination: order processing, local purchase management, physical (warehousing) and administrative (management of movements) stock management, freight management, supply administration and implementation of standard supply tools (UF, Portal, etc.)
- Ensuring the availability of relevant management data to the owners of the stock, project and capital coordination (expired drugs, risk of shortages, stock reports, lead time, pipeline, etc.).
- Support the Deputy Coordinator Supply Chain in Managing the supply team in the coordination, and in collaboration with the DCSC, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his / her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities
- Participating in monthly reporting according to guidelines
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures
- Desirable understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits)
- Knowledge of Tanzania importation laws, understand the supply contexts and challenges in the country with practical experiences
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili (speak, read and write)
Competences and main skills:
o Essential computer literacy (word, excel, power point and logistics / supply chain ERP)
o Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, organisational skills, flexibility, stress and time management
o Strategical thinking, results and quality orientation, planning and organization, initiative and innovation
o Adhesion to MSF principles and MSF charter
o Willingness for working and evolving with international and diverse team members
o People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter
o Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Sunday October 15th 2023 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “PROJECT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or Navikubo Executive Lodge & Restaurant P.o.Box 97 Liwale Lindi.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED Only short-listed candidates will be contacted