Project Procurement Superintendent at Mantra Tanzania Limited
- Company: Mantra Tanzania Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Mantra Tanzania Limited
Mantra Tanzania Limited (Mantra), operating as a subsidiary of Uranium One Group under ROSATOM from Russia, is focused on the potential development of Uranium Mine at the Mkuju River Project (MRP) in the Namtumbo District of Ruvuma Region. Mantra is committed to the highest level of safety and environmental practices, the respect of the culture of Tanzania and her peoples, the provision of employment opportunities for Tanzanian nationals, and the development of business linkages at the district, regional and national level.
To that end Mantra is seeking to recruit individuals who can meet the technical requirements and demonstrate a commitment to continuously perform and improve in the area of project development and operations, to fill the following vacancies.
PROJECT PROCUREMENT SUPERINTENDENT (1 POST)
The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical support to the Mkuju River Project to ensure that all Mantra Tanzania site procurement activities comply with best practice and standards.
Location: Dar es Salaam
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Procurement Superintendent is accountable for purchasing commodities including equipment, services and goods, and plays a crucial role in reducing a company’s financial expenditure; ensure that the best quality goods are purchased at the most competitive price. Must also work with procurement systems and other computer applications to keep track of these activities.
The Procurement and Logistic Superintendent accountabilities include:
Project Daily Buying:
- Enquiry, adjudication and Purchase Order creation and amendment functions for Local and International purchases.
- Enquiry, adjudication and Contract creation and amendment functions for Local and International procurement.
- Maintain dynamic cost and service information to model commodity pricing and market cost changes for effective Purchasing at the most competitive cost and quality.
- Establish P/O templates based on accepted commercial conditions and according to the laws of the country.
- Effectively structure and manage purchases within the country requirement for VAT, Withholding Tax and Corporate Tax and at the least legal risk to the Company.
- Manage cost applications and negotiations.
- Proactively manage the relationship with the Service Providers for contractual compliance.
- Implement cost saving projects and manage deliverables.
- Implement a dynamic Supply Base and manage the process to increase local spend.
Procurement – participate in the contract process to ensure:
- Contracts are put in place in full compliance with company policies and procedures in collaboration with legal departments
- Review enquiry scope of work, pricing template and enquiry conditions to ensure that tenders submitted are in accordance with the intended deliverable.
- Participate in tender site meeting and adjudication process to ensure pricing and conditions will result in effective contracting, at the least commercial and legal risk.
- Select and approve suppliers or partners for the organization, based upon a thorough selection process, in order to ensure that the supplier/partner selection is in accordance with the Mantra strategy.
- Review contracts, amendments and applications for scope and price change to ensure compliance to the required contractual deliverables.
- Participate in contract termination process to manage cost, performance, contractor close out and where applicable, contractor commencement. Compile and maintain a contract master file including contract scope, specification, cost structure, escalation, duties and responsibilities, contractor employee numbers, safety requirements and compliance.
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships: Develop, maintain and manage a relationship with vendors and internal customers on all organizational levels that will deliver mutual benefits for Mantra.
Management – participate with service originators to ensure effective management of:
- The contractor compliance to contract conditions.
- The achievement of contractual performance
- Validation of invoice detail and correctness to contract pricing.
- The review and investigation of scope and price claims including recommendations.
- Identification of performance and cost initiatives, negotiate and agree, expedite and obtain performance.
- Maintain and publish management reports.
- Undertake subordinates Performance Effectiveness Review; introduce training programmes for employees and proactively manage localisation programmes.
Strategy, Innovation, Policy and Procedures:
- Continually challenge current processes, investigate and introduce approved Supply Chain enhancements.
- Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of procurement, purchasing, logistics and distribution directives, rules and guidelines, in order to achieve the most cost-effective processes for the organization, leading to operational excellences.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Studies
- Post qualifications on related filed / MBA preferred
- At least over 15 years relevant purchasing and logistics experience in Africa supply chain mining industry & in managing procurement and logistics in an international environment
Must have relevant knowledge:
- Must have experience with large purchase orders and contracts
- Must be a good negotiator to act as intermediary between suppliers and user groups
- Must be analytical, organized and efficient , with solid judgment and ability to make good decisions
- Need to be good at networking and dealing with numbers, as well as dealing with other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Working experience of vendor management software
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: [email protected] or postal address to;
The Manager: Organizational Development & HR
Mantra Tanzania Limited
P.0 Box 23451
Dar es Salaam
Deadline of Applications is 29th January 2021
Only Shortlisted will be contacted. If you are not contacted by Mantra Tanzania Limited within fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered.
Mantra Tanzania Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management. Please avoid conman as Mantra Tanzania does not solicit bribes for employment.