Project Pharmacy Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – PROJECT PHARMACY MANAGER – FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: PROJECT PHARMACY MANAGER
Direct Reports: MISSION PHARMACY MANAGER / DEPUTY MEDICAL COORDINATOR / MEDICAL COORDINATOR
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices.
- Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the mission.
- Supervising the functioning and organization of the mission pharmacies and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff to ensure the quality of the service provided to the population (including pharmaco vigilance).
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in mission pharmacies (cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.)
- Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices. Monitoring correct stock management across pharmacies within mission area, to guarantee a good control and up to date data of stock levels and avoid expiries, overstocks and stock outs. Reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
- Ensuring, in cooperation with the logistic team, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols.
- Ensuring the collection of data for monitoring and surveillance of optimal quantity / quality of medicine use. Supporting activities at service level for effective drug distribution and control, quality prescription, medicines reconciliation, antibiotic stewardship interventions such as restricted use antibiotic review, follow up of pharmaceutical care plans and good dispensing practice.
- Supervising, coaching and evaluating all pharmacy staff at project level to ensure the strict respect for working procedures and protocols. Ensuring that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
- To define, if needed, training opportunities for the pharmacy staff.
- Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated to the field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, to support in the relevant decision-making and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential degree / diploma and specialization in Pharmacy
- Essential in pharmacy management and as a pharmacist (minimum 2 years)
- Desirable understanding / knowledge of MSF activities
- Knowledge of Tanzania pharmaceutical regulations (TNMB) and challenges in the country with practical experiences
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili (speak, read and write)
Competences and main skills:
o Essential computer literacy (word, excel, power point)
o Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, organisational skills, flexibility, stress and time management
o Strategical thinking, results and quality orientation, planning and organization, initiative and innovation
o Adhesion to MSF principles and MSF charter
o Willingness for working and evolving with international team members
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday June 23rd 2022 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “PROJECT PHARMACY MANAGER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted