Project Officer (Nutrition) – BRIGHT Project at Nutrition International
- Company: Nutrition International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tabora, Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Employment Type: Full Time
Deadline for submission: April 5th, 2022
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting, and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Nutrition International is seeking applications for Project Officer (Nutrition) – BRIGHT Project to bebased in Tanzania.
You will have aMaster’s degree in Public health, Nutrition, Food Science and technology or international development from a recognized University.
At least 4 year’s work experience with adolescent and women’s health and nutrition and at least 5year’s experience working with NGOs/International NGOs in the field of public health and nutrition.
Experience in understanding of regulatory decision making in Nutrition and Health in Tanzania and using participatory methodologies in training and capacity development is desirable.
Solid knowledge and experience in government policies and programs to address health and nutrition and sexual and reproductive health. Program/project implementation/supervision, monitoring and evaluation, working with or within public health systems and good understanding of direct and indirect nutrition interventions.
Skills on excellent interpersonal skills, competent IT skills, good presentation skills, team player and team leader, negotiation skills, strategic mindset, project management skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
About the role
In this role you will be
- Ensure a regularly updated landscape analysis of gender responsive nutrition and sexual reproductive health programs in all councils of Tabora region.
- Develop and plan in collaboration with other consortium members responding to programming gaps in the situation analyses aiming to ensure increased uptake of gender responsive nutrition and sexual reproductive health services by targeted groups.
- Develop gender sensitive tools and guidelines to facilitate high quality planning of project workplans and budgets.
- Lead the development of project plans and setting of high-quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Coordinate the development of field work schedules.
- Lead in the development of manuals and guides and facilitate trainings and workshops.
- Develop terms of references for consultants as well as quality assure deliverables in line with contractual requirements.
- Undertake periodic field visits to BRIGHT Project sites to provide technical direction to project staff working for NI and implementing partners.
- Follow-up the timely implementation of recommendations from monitoring visits and evaluation.
- Support the BRIGHT MEAL Officer and partners to develop and implement the project’s monitoring, evaluation accountability and learning plans.
- Support surveys and systems for collecting quality data for regular monitoring of direct and indirect nutrition interventions are in place and functioning.
- Support BRIGHT operational research and evaluations as well as knowledge translation and dissemination.
- Support the development of timely annual and semi-annual progress reports that meet donor requirements and quality standards.
- Document lessons learnt and good practices of BRIGHT.
- Facilitate the dissemination of the BRIGHT experience to other development actors at regional and national levels.
- Maintain good working relationships with other actors involved in maternal and child health and nutrition programs in the five targeted regions.
- Stay abreast of new developments in adolescent, maternal and child health and nutrition.
- Participate in national and international fora on sexual reproductive health and nutrition programs as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be required.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Tanzania. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description . Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE