Project Officer Gender at SWISSAID
- Company: SWISSAID
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mtwara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PROJECT OFFICER GENDER
Duty station: Mtwara-Masasi
SWISSAID is a non-government organization headquartered in Switzerland with operations in nine countries. It has operated in Tanzania since 1972, focusing on small-scale farming, gender equality, and extractives. Swissaid Tanzania is implementing the gender project “leadership and livelihood improvement for women’’ a five-year project. The project aims to improve the livelihood and leadership of rural women through improved economic opportunities and political participation of beneficiary women in their collectivities.
The programme officer will be based in Masasi in the Mtwara region, providing technical support to all gender projects both in small-scale farmers on ecological organic agriculture and small-scale gold mining in Geita and Shinyanga region.
The following are the project’s key outcomes:
To Enhance the level of women’s participation in Economic and Leadership activities with four specific objectives: –
Improved livelihood of beneficiary women
Women have secure economic activity.
Women’s rights are better defended.
Gender policies and initiatives are better known and
- Support women to access new economic opportunities and/or improve existing ones, notably through facilitated access to capital, and improved institutional capacities and technical know-how.
- Support women to access leadership positions in their communities, notably by contributing resources and leadership skills for potential women leaders, and sensitizing communities and community leaders on women’s leadership.
- Dissemination of gender policies and initiatives, notably by facilitating access to resources and improving technical know-how and enhancing networking and communication.
Regions of operation:
Field operations are mainly taking place in the regions of Mtwara and Lindi, but also to Geita and Shinyanga regions.
Further information on SWISSAID is available at www.swissaid.ch ;
Some of the key duties and responsibilities:
- Take a leading role in coordinating and implementing activities related to gender project.
- Provide support to the Project teams in the Implementation of the key gender components across the project areas.
- Support projects teams to integrate gender in projects, e.g. gender analysis and plans for gender integration.
- Support and coordinate capacity building of beneficiaries in gender and social inclusion methodologies and community sensitization approaches
- Liaise with project partners and other stakeholders in the project locations to facilitate and enhance contribution towards the implementation of the gender and inclusion agenda.
- Support teams to ensure interventions are gender transformative and factor in inclusion of socially excluded groups.
Qualifications and experience:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Gender studies, sociology, social work, Development studies and other related social science fields.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and leadership, with capacity to effectively manage multi-years projects and lead a team of up to 10 people.
- Interest and experience with grassroots communities in the agriculture and mining sector.
- Practical experience in research activities
- Practical experience and interest in working with partners including the government, civil society organizations, academia, and the private sector.
- knowledge & exposure to a range of gender mainstreaming & gender development issues
- A commitment to equal opportunities and promotion of gender equity.
- High-level analytical and report writing skills in English.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and under pressure.
- Focused on results.
- A team player.
Project Officer Gender at SWISSAID
Method of ApplicationCandidates should submit a letter of intent describing how they qualify for this position, a CV, and two referees including contact phone numbers and email addresses at their earliest convenience.
Deadline: 30 July 2023.
Applicants MUST indicate expected gross salary in Tanzania shillings.
Send the application to: [email protected]