Project Officer, Environmental Education at REDESO
- Company: REDESO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT VACANCIES FOR THE YEAR 2022
Relief to Development Society (REDESO) is a national non-governmental organization, registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Certificate No. 1466 in Tanzania. The organization is engaged in Humanitarian and Community Development projects implemented under the humanitarian to development nexus concept. In the areas of our operation, Local Government has been always one of our key partners. REDESO is a partner with UNHCR serving Burundian and Congolese refugees in North-western Tanzania and urban caseload in Dar es Salaam.
REDESO invites interested qualified and competent Tanzanians who meet the listed criteria to apply for the following positions:
Project Officer, Environmental Education (1 Post)
Location: Kasulu/Kibondo – Kigoma
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Environment education officer will be responsible in raising awareness in environmental conservation in refugees and host community. S/he will also deal in managing and supervising environmental education activities
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, Agriculture, Plants Science, and Conservation Biology, Ecology, Environmental Management, Forestry and Geography.
Working Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years working experience in humanitarian, emergency and development context.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, environmental conservation and sustainable development.
- The ability to communicate effectively in written materials as well as presentations, workshops and guided walks.
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to people of all ages.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work in a team but also on your own initiative.
- Desire and commitment to serve vulnerable groups particularly the refugees.
- Design and coordinate environmental education awareness programs activities within refugee camp and host community.
- Assist Project Manager and other project team to ensure the sustainability of environmental protection interventions.
- Assist the Project Manager with the strategic review and development of REDESO’s environmental education programs within the camp and in host communities
Note: REDESO is an equal opportunity employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.