Project Officer CBID at Bugando Medical Centre
- Company: Bugando Medical Centre
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bugando Medical Centre is a consultant and teaching hospital for the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania. It is situated along the shores of Lake Victoria in Mwanza City. It has 950 beds and over 1300 employees. It is a referral centre for tertiary specialist care for eight regions, namely; -Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Kagera, Shinyanga, Tabora and Kigoma.
It serves a catchment’s population of over 14 million people. Bugando Medical Centre is therefore inviting suitably Tanzanians to fill the following vacancy.
PROJECT OFFICER CBID -1 POST
University degree in Social works, Project Management, or related field; A Master’s degree in the fields mentioned above is a definite advantage; Experience in the use of DHIS2 for data management is an added advantage. Proven experience in project monitoring and budget control; Proven competence in project report and proposal writing; Financial management background as a plus.
Must have work experience of at least five (5) years in a related field from a reputable organization of which two (2) years must be served at a Managerial level.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management leadership on disability inclusion activities in health facilities, decision making process, schools and in social setting.
- Capacity building of People with disability organizations, NGOs, and other humanitarian stakeholders on disability inclusion in target region.
- Offer technical support in the implementation of the disability inclusive activities
- Advocate for increased resource allocation for delivery of quality health service for people with disabilities
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Project Manager
In close collaboration with the related staff from BMC, the program officer shall;
- Ensure timely data collection, analysis and reporting for disability inclusive.
- Regular supervision of field works, document success stories and lesson learnt related to disability inclusion.
- Prepare work Plan, organize and monitor training and outreach activities related to disability inclusion;
- Ensure proper monitoring and quality control of the project activities related to disability inclusion. o Prepare and presents progress reports related to disability inclusion activities to the Project Manager
- Assist the manager to organize and coordinate field visits for CBM Tanzania, BMZ and other stakeholders as directed by the senior management of the hospital.
- Build the capacity of Organization of Persons with Disabilities on advocating for disability inclusion in the planning process.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks at all levels o Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals for activities related to disability inclusion.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation of good practice
- Ensure resource mobilization including writing new proposals and concept note
Term of engagement: Two years renewable contract.
Method of ApplicationLetter of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to ;
Bugando Medical Centre
Submit the application documents in PDF format to email
address; [email protected] DEADLINE:
The deadline for submissions of applications is 14th September, 2022 at 18:00 pm. This advertisement is also available through the hospital website www.bugandomedicalcentre.go.tz