Project Officer at MSH
- Company: MSH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
This Project Officer (PO) position provides high-level support to MSH’s CDC-funded NPHI Capacity Building Program, including program management, administrative, and logistical support.
The Project Officer is a member of the Program Delivery Group’s Center for Project Management Excellence. The PO is able to conceptualize and execute project management support strategies to enable the Country Coordinator to deliver project results on time and within budget, while maintaining MSH’s strong reputation with donors and stakeholders.
The PO coordinates planning, implementing, and monitoring of the project. The PO is responsible for the efficient organization and functioning of project activities, ensuring prompt and seamless communication and follow-up with country/project teams, MSH business units, consultants, partners and stakeholders such as Ministry of Health and National Public Health Institute.
The PO’s primary accountabilities are:
- Plan and manage activities related to project support, including logistics, procurement, security, travel, consultants, calendar management, meeting management, and files and minutes management, etc.
- Maintain clear communication with MSH business units, offices, and different project staff and teams to facilitate efficient and smooth project support functions.
- Create and maintain global project management systems and tools for centralized management and oversight of numerous activities and initiatives (e.g. deliverables, workplans, calendars, contacts, consultants, subcontractors, procurement, travel).
- Coordinate work planning and quarterly reporting processes, and track work assignments, deliverables, and implementation.
- Provide support to the Country Coordinator in preparation of budgets for activities and work with the accounting team to ensure funds are disbursed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Set up file management systems, maintain project files, including a library of reports and technical resources.
- Plan each week’s project meetings in advance; compile and share background materials and agenda items. Take notes during each meeting to disseminate, follow up on action items. Coordinate logistics for meetings with project partners, stakeholders, and donors including CDC.
- Contribute to project implementation and technical activities as requested.
- Contribute to internal and external communications, including writing, editing, and formatting correspondence, communications, presentations, reports, webpages, and other documents.
- Provide support to the M&E team to document activities and outcomes as per the M&E Plan.
- Manage consultants, including the recruitment process, onboarding, and invoice processing; support procurement requisition processes.
BA with 4 years of experience supporting global health or development projects for an NGO or contractor. Knowledge of US Government funded programs, regulations, and requirements. Experience writing, editing, and formatting communications, reports, and presentations, including professional communications for important stakeholders and donors. Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success and experience in project support and management. Direct project work experience. Demonstrated, relevant and related experience in project management, specifically setting up and maintaining project management tools and systems. Understanding of and experience with US CDC funded activities; USG audiences, trends, and requirements. Understanding and interest in health systems strengthening, health governance, health financing.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and management skills.
- Able to assess priorities and solve problems using innovative, evidence-based solutions.
- Strong conceptualization, facilitation, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within and across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written, and oral presentation skills; demonstrated ability in consensus building.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication, diplomacy, and active listening skills.
- Proficiency with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- MSH Core Competencies: Information Sharing, Managing and Measuring work outputs, Negotiating, Priority Setting, Business Acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
In line with core MSH competencies:
Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Proactiveness, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of Work and Team Relationships
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.