Project Officer at Legal Services Facility (LSF)
- Company: Legal Services Facility (LSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Dar es salaam, Tanzania
The Legal Services Facility (LSF) is a basket fund based in Dar es salaam Tanzania that works to ensure Access to Justice for all in particular women and girls by the agency of legal empowerment approach. LSF works all over the United Republic of Tanzania to realize this core objective, and it channels grants on an equal opportunity basis to local organizations that provide access to justices, legal aid and paralegal services. Through these services the fundamental rights of individuals and communities are observed and protected, their grievances are redressed in a deliberate bid to build a society in which justice is universal.
LSF is expecting to implement an impactful two-year project titling “Wanawake Tunaweza” aiming at empowering Maasai women and girls from Longido district in Arusha region starting in January 2023. This project will focus on women economic empowerment and support to quality education for girls in two secondary schools. The project will cover two villages of Kimokouwa and Eworendeka in Kimokouwa Ward. This project will be supported by North-South Cooperation an Organisation based in Luxembourg, in partnership with the Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
To ensure effective coordination, supervision, implementation, efficiency budget management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project activities in Longido district, the Project Officer will be part of Legal Services Facility (LSF) team to be based in Longido office for effective and timely project delivery.
Project Name: Wanawake Tunaweza – Empowering Maasai Women
Job Title: Project Officer- Women and girls’ empowerment
Location: Longido district in Arusha, Tanzania
Reports to: Local partner program team based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Department: Directorate of Program
Duration: 24 months
Key duties and Responsibilities:
Support to plan, design and deliver project activities in accordance with the project goals alongside with Legal Services Facility (LSF) and North-south cooperation (NSC) strategic plan, procedures and policies,
- Work with relevant institutions for training, mentorship and skills building for women vocational and business skills, and women groups empowerment.
- Timely implementation of capacity building initiatives for women groups using approved curriculum.
- Ensure women groups are organized, supported to document, and raise advocacy issues related to gender equality, women rights, and teenage girls’ empowerment for both in-school.
- Work with management team, consultants and partner to ensure project baseline and end line surveys conducted, women’s group strengthened, girls’ clubs established, dormitories are built, and all activities as per the project plan are timely executed.
- Organize stakeholder quarterly reviews to realign processes and objectives.
- Regularly interact with community representatives and with direct beneficiaries to discuss activities, shortfalls, and remedial actions.
- Make a close site supervision of school (dormitories) construction in Namanga and Lekule Secondary Schools
Financial management and Administration
- Carry out all office management, procurement, logistics and administration of Longido sub-office in collaboration with head office in Dar es salaam,
- Ensure short-term contracts are managed in accordance with their terms of reference
- Monitor activity and budget implementation by ensuring that the project resources are properly utilized, the value for money is achieved and timely accountability realized
Monitoring and Report
- Conduct routine project site visits and give feedback to the community, committee and supervisors on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Follow to LSF/NSC monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes with activity tracking and monitoring, data collection, database administration, and M&E related coordination with counterparts, as required.
- Prepare timely and quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to management and donors.
Documentation and collaboration
- Work with project stakeholders in collaboration with community local structures, WASHEWILO
Paralegal organization and management team in Dar es salaam
- Ensure quarterly documentation of project success stories, good practices, and testimonies.
Develop and maintain a sound network of government and other stakeholder counterparts by closely working with relevant local government officers to ensure alignment to government programs.
- Work closely with the private sector and other players to link women groups to available markets for sustainability of women businesses,
- Work with local media and use digital platform in the implementation of the project
- present good image of LSF /NSC by representing in relevant fora and seminars on matters of women and girls’ empowerment and gender at district, region and national level where necessary.
- Ensure timely response to donor inquiries and requests on regular basis
- Perform any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor or development partner in Luxembourg
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or high in, Social Sciences, Rural development, Development Studies, Project Planning and Management Economic, Law or any other related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in international development, demonstrated commitment to issues and programs in gender equality and women’s empowerment, and experience with new business development and implementation to marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, budgeting and financial analysis; knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data management;
- Experience working on livelihood, gender-focused projects and women empowerment projects is an added advantage.
- High Proficiency in Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook, Google document, Zoom, Skype, etc.);
- Ability or interested to drive a motorcycle will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable aptitude for working independently and ability to work in a collaborative team setting remotely.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in women’s empowerment, gender and related areas; excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks; and must be a team player with good interpersonal skills, Coordination skills and ability to make informed decisions.
Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English, Kiswahili, and knowing of Maasai local language will be an asset
- Being People centered and result oriented
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th January, 2023.