Project Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Amref Health Africa –Tanzania
- Company: Amref Health Africa –Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa –Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania has been awarded by Africa CDC through its SAVING
LIVES AND LIVELIHOOD INITIATIVE to support the Government of Tanzania’s initiative to accelerate uptake and coverage of COVID 19 vaccine services within ten regions of Tanzania (Iringa, Katavi, Kilimanjaro, Lindi, Manyara, Mbeya, Mtwara, Rukwa, Singida and Songwe). With this regard, Amref Tanzania is seeking competent candidates to fill the following positions.
|Job Title:||Project Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant|
|Reports to:||Program Manager|
|Duty Station:||Dar es Salaam|
|Start Date:||August 2022|
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide overall project monitoring support and leadership. S/he will ensure the continuous monitoring of project progress in close collaboration with the government stakeholders, Africa CDC, and other implementers in project regions. S/He will develop the capacity of various stakeholders in data collection, analysis, reporting, and evaluation. S/He will help identify and evaluate best practices and workable approaches for the project and facilitate the dissemination of project results to relevant stakeholders. This position reports to the Project Manager and technically to M&E Officer at Amref Tanzania Country Office.
Key Duties/Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
- Ensure effective implementation of Project monitoring and evaluation plan which entails collection of all relevant data, management of the information, and using it in preparation of required periodic reports
- Support the undertakings of COVID 19 vaccination monitoring and evaluation activities in project regions
- Maintain the established reporting system including databases and support routine reporting.
- Ensure the quality of data by conducting regular data verification, cleaning, and data quality audits on planned and on situational environment
- Generate CVC level daily data summaries for project monitoring.
- Collect, document, and disseminate best practices and lessons learned from the implementation sites
- Prepare project reports and trends analysis in summary form for weekly, monthly and quarterly monitoring forums and reporting
- Monitor daily data processing into Chanjo COVID and project databases
- Timely development and upload of weekly reports to donor database
- Ensure availability of COVID 19 Vaccine monitoring tools
- In collaboration with the Region Project Officer, coordination and conduct regular data review meetings
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation; Health Informatics, Computer science, Social sciences, or Statistics. Degree holders will have an advantage
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience” in the Monitoring and Evaluation field. Experience in working with COVID intervention will be an added advantage
- Strong data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination and report writing skills
- Experience working in NGO active in health-related services.
- Excellent computer skills specifically with Ms Excel, Ms Access, and PowerPoint applications.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management, and report writing.
- Strong ability of writing and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names, and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on July 26, 2022. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] . Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, WhatsApp, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.