Project Manager – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation at BRAC
- Company: BRAC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania (BMT) is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood. BMT is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Job Title: Project Manager – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation
Project Sustainability: 30 Months
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
To manage the implementation of a Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation project on behalf of BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania. The programme aims to contribute to the reduction of SDG 1 and 10 through the expansion of socio-economic empowerment and social protection for some of the most marginalized and vulnerable communities in Tanzania.
1. Partnership coordination and management: Proactively ensuring partnership protocols are established and followed and effective coordination mechanisms are in place to ensure all partners deliver activities on time and to budget.
2. Disability inclusive adaptation: Oversee BRAC staff and partner staff to ensure effective coordination for technical expertise on disability inclusion in relation to the full
programme cycle and work plan including staff training, delivery of graduation
components (including agriculture/livelihoods, health, finance and logistics), capacity building interventions and monitoring, evaluation and learning
3. Managing the implementation of disability-inclusive graduation programming in 2 districts: Including overseeing all aspects of implementation of the Graduation pillars (livelihoods, finance, social empowerment and social protection) and related
interventions. This will include development of an operations manual, participant selection and training, asset package identification and delivery, life skills coaching, formation of savings groups, health care support and social integration in Dodoma and Singida.
4. Supporting capacity and accountability of Tanzanian development actors: Including supporting interventions related to national and district level stakeholder coordination,
staff training and capacity building.
5. Ensuring a robust, inclusive MEL system is implemented: Including ensuring quality implementation of monitoring systems, and supporting program evaluation activities. Key
evaluation activities include supporting process analysis and documenting and sharing
lessons learnt and best practices from adaptation, contextualization and implementation of the project to donors and other internal stakeholders.
6. Stakeholder coordination, advocacy and networking and donor liaison: Support all external engagement activities including technical donor reviews, implementation partner
and stakeholder meetings, engaging with government agencies, TASAF, civil society organization and local Community Based Organizations, and organizing relevant learning
events, National and district level workshops among others.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place.
Project Manager – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation Job Vacancy at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Must have master’s degree in Development Studies, Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, Business Administration and/or other relevant fields. Masters of Project Management is an added advantage
• At least 6 years of job experience with a minimum of 4 years of managerial experience in different development sectors working towards the improvement of livelihoods of ultra-poor and marginal people through implementing integrated
development interventions including microfinance and agricultural and off-farm.
• Experience in project proposal development/project management/coordination in establishing and managing graduation or livelihoods projects, including monitoring, evaluation, administration, finance, and logistics, in complex and challenging environments.
• Technical knowledge in microfinance, food security, livelihoods, nutrition, social protection, gender and diversity and environmental issues, disability inclusiveness
and participatory approaches.
• Experience in representation and negotiation with government, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
• Good management and technical skills in the income generation, agriculture, food security and livelihood development program.
• Ability to adapt or change priorities and take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
• The ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically and work effectively within a team
• Broad grasp of socio-economic policy issues with respect to food security and livelihood development in rural settings.
• Ability to manage local staff in a mature, impartial and inclusive manner and address inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility
• Capacity to manage a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
• Strong financial/budget management skills.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Photoshop).
See: Simple Tips for a Successful Interview
Method of ApplicationIf you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email at: [email protected] with a subject “Project Manager – DIG”.
Application deadline is 13.11. 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer. IMPORTANT NOTE Employment Seekers are advised to not entertain any requests for money / bribes from any source in the name of guaranteed interviews or placements with employers. Also don’t be tricked into paying for Psychometric Tests by Smart Scammers. In Brief Do not Pay anyone , any money to get a Job, you will simply lose your money without getting anything in return!