Project Manager at The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Company: The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Title: Project Manager
Report to: Director of Health Services
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
The Project Manager will work closely with Director of Health Services (DHS) and CSSC team to effectively lead and manage PATA project to achieve the goal and outcomes. S/he will provide overall leadership to ensure programmatic, strategic, administrative, financial, technical veracity of PATA Project. S/he will also ensure efficient management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, quality, impact and cost effectiveness of the project. The position entails fostering and strengthening capacity of faith based platform and the network of health facilities, develop sustainability strategies using cost effective and innovative solutions; s/he will spearhead efforts to strengthen the project recipient’s capacity to deliver quality services in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services, TB/HIV/AIDS, and other health areas.
The Project Manager will work closely with the CSSC team and lead the development and coordination of the project work plan and budget in collaboration with other Project Management team members. S/he will work to ensure availability of all the required resources for all teams to achieve their performance targets. S/he will supervise Field teams based in the Zonal Offices to ensure efficient operations and adherence to USG rules and regulations and CSSC internal standards. The position will be based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and overall technical and management responsibility for PATA project planning, budgeting, effective implementation and monitoring achievement of the goal, outcomes and outputs
- Ensure timely availability and prudent utilization of human, material, and financial resources appropriate for project implementation
- Serve as CSSC representative to government, USAID, FBO platforms, other donors and technical agencies, and other participating organizations including interactions with the most senior and executives of these organizations
- Strengthen strategic relationships, partnerships and alliances with the other USG partners, RMNCAH and HIV/AIDS implementing partners and other relevant parties.
- Ensure accountability and stewardship of financial resources in accordance with donor rules and regulations, and support annual auditing procedures.
- Assure quality of technical interventions at national, regional, district, and PATA health facility and community levels
- Provide leadership on Management of any sub-agreements by ensuring regular financial reporting, closely monitoring project expenditure and keeping CSSC Senior Leadership team and donor aware of significant variances.
- Increase the prominence of PATA Project through representation at high-level visits with USAID, PEPFAR, and Government.
- Ensure the project is appropriately implemented, monitored and evaluated.
- Bachelor Level degree in business, project management or related field of study that provide knowledge relevant to the position, Masters Level degree of the same will be an added advantage.
Experiences and Skills
- Five years’ experience in managing donor funded projects, preferably USAID development assistance projects.
- Adequate experience on development, implementation and management of health programs, with expertise in designing, managing and implementing RMNCAH, HIV/AIDS care and treatment
- Demonstrated leadership in working with church leaders and other officials from the health sector, community, NGO/FBO/CBO sectors
- Have deep understanding of USG rules, regulations and policies and other donor requirements and should have traceable history of managing multiple sub grantees
- Excellent record of directing, motivating, and managing project teams composed of technical experts, program managers, and administrative staff in a multicultural environment.
- Competence in computer applications needed to execute position responsibilities
- Fluency in oral and written English and Swahili
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are to submit their application letter and copy of the latest CV in one document. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 11th 2021 and channeled through [email protected]
Note that; Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.