Project Manager at Rafiki-SDO
- Company: Rafiki-SDO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
NEW JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy non-Governmental and non-profit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland. Rafiki-SDO in partnership with PACT Tanzania to implement the USAID Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project (ACHIEVE). ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. As part of its strategy, ACHIEVE is working to prevent and respond to gender-based violence and to empower youth to own their own future.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
PROJECT MANAGER (1 POST)
Office location: Musoma -Mara
Work station: Musoma MC, Bunda DC, Bunda TC, Serengeti DC and Rorya DC
Reporting to: Executive Director
Duration: 1 Year Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
To provide overall leadership and management of ACHIEVE Tanzania project implementation at council level and ensure efficient and effective linkages, collaboration, and networking with the community, Pact Tanzania and Local Government Authorities (LGA).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical, operational, and administrative support to project staff and promotes an organizational culture where policies and values are observed.
- Oversee project budget including tracking spending, disallowed cost, approve travel requests, staffs’ liquidation, review and approve all project expenses.
- Prepare annual budgets, work plans, monthly budget tracker and monthly cash projections and submit the same to Pact Tanzania for review and approval.
- Project Manager is the main contact person with Pact Tanzania for all ACHIEVE Tanzania project implementation by Rafiki-SDO.
- Project Manager is the project leader who is ultimately responsible and accountable for timely, quality project implementation across all councils where Rafiki-SDO is implementing.
- Work in collaboration with DSWO, DMO, DACC, CHACC at district level and Pact Tanzania technical coordinators to ensure high quality project activities delivery.
- Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission both financial and narrative reports (monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual).
- Work with Data and M&E Officers to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
- In collaboration with organization management, mentors project staff (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer and Case Management Coordinator) as appropriate in project management, organizational development, and community development issues.
- Supports performance of project staffs (Case Management officer, Health and HIV Officer and Case Management Coordinator) by proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive, and honest feedback, coaching and mentorship and identifying necessary staff development needs for direct reports.
- Ensure staff are supported to deliver quality results in all project implementation activities.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to the team members and models best practices; advises and trains other team members on, organization policies, procedures, tools, and methodologies, as needed.
- Represents ACHIEVE Tanzania Project in public events, stakeholders’ meetings and coordinate with other donor funded programs at council level.
- Support recruitment of project staffs, conduct staff annual appraisals guided by Rafiki SDO policies and procedures.
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Program Management, Social Work, Community Development, Economic Development, Case Management, Public Health, Clinical Health, Sociology, and any other related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience working on donor-funded development programs. Candidates with USAID funded projects experience will be highly prioritized.
- At least three (03) years in project management experience will be prioritized.
- Experience in projects related to the following interventions: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional and Referrals, ECD, OVC interventions and child protection.
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to [email protected] and indicate the position title in the email subject line. The closing date for these applications will be on Thursday, 18th May 2023, 17:00 hrs.
NOTE: Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but not limited to cost for submitting an application, attending interview and other communication related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform those successful, if you will not be contacted two weeks after closing date of this job advert consider yourself as unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest of working with RafikiSDO and supporting initiatives for saving children, youths and marginalized groups.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE