Project Manager at NBC
- Company: NBC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To ensure the Projects are delivered within time, budget, and scope. The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control to closure of a Project.
Accountability: Strategy & Planning 30%
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Draft the project charter and facilitate the development and sign off of the business case and requirements definition documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Adhere to the organisation’s project management methodology and all its governance and documentation requirements
Accountability: Acquisition and Deployment 30%
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary, during project cycle
Accountability: Operations Management 40%
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts affecting the project.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Manage project risks and issues by ensuring appropriate escalation and ownership.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in the field of Business Administration, Computer Science, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) or Management Information Systems.
- Prince 2 or PMP Certification.
- An understanding of the ITIL framework would be an added advantage.
- 5 years transformation delivery, leading and driving change and Programme Management.
- 2 years financial industry experience.
Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Enabling team success (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Planning and organising (Meets all of the requirements), Project and Programme Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Project Management
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th October, 2023.