Project Manager at Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar
- Company: Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania obtained a loan from BADEA, Kuwait Fund and Saudi Fund for Rehabilitation and Expansion of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital Project – Zanzibar. The Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar representing the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania intends to apply parts of this loan to finance the management of the Project through the establishment of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) for rehabilitation and expansion of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital in Zanzibar. The duration of the implementation phase is three years and Operation & Management phase is one year, the project is expected to be completed by the end of 2024. The following staff will be recruited in order to facilitate the Project.
PROJECT MANAGER- ONE POST
- Assures the management of the Project activities, planning, procurement, results analysis, and reporting on the work executed according to stated terms.
- Reports on the progress of activities implementation and conducts preliminary evaluation of Project achievements.
- Monitors the implementation of contracts between the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), Consultant, Contractors and Suppliers.
- Coordinates closely with the MOH and the Funders and establishes and maintains relations with Stone Town Conservation agency, other government entities and other stakeholders, which will contribute to the realization of the Project.
- Support the MOH on the preparation of development and implementation of the project.
- Is responsible for quality control of all written outputs produced by the PIU or its contractors or Consultant
- Leading the PIU team to the best delivery of the Project.
- Any other task that will be requested by the MOHSWEGC
Qualifications – 55% marks
- Registered Professional in Civil Engineering
- A degree in civil engineering (a Master’s degree is an added advantage).
- Outstanding organizational and reporting skills
- Familiarity with the [donor]’s operational procedures.
- Experience of at least 10 years in a similar Construction and at least 2 Health Project
- has worked as Project Manager from the public sector and Donor Assisted Projects and familiarity with its operational procedures.
- Has worked with at least 1 BADEA finance Project.
- Previous experience from working in similar projects
Languages -5% marks
- Excellent command of the English and Swahili languages
- The Project Manager will be stationed at the premises of the MOHSWEGC/MMH/KCH
Period of Performance and remunerations
- The Project Manager will be a full-time position within the Project. He/she will be offered a 4 years contract with six months’ probation period.
- The Project Manager of the PIU will report monthly to a Principal Secretary of the MOHSWEGC and will liaise with the funder also quarterly. Means of communication will be writing other alternatives are conference calls and the meetings
Method of ApplicationAll Application letter should be addressed to Principal Secretary Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly, Gender and Children and must be submitted by hand at the office Procurement and Disposal Management Unit P.O.BOX 236 ZANZIBAR, Ministry of Health, Social Welfare, Elderly, Gender and Children at 09:00 morning up to 3:30 afternoon not less than the day of 29th August, 2021 Late Application will no longer be considered, this application is only for Tanzanian citizen.
A detailed Curriculum Vitae must be provided on how the requirements specified in this document match the capability, experience and knowledge
The Application must be submitted on one original and one copy and envelop must be marked “Original” and “Copy” as appropriate. If there are any discrepancies between the original and the copy the original governs. The outer envelope shall be labeled with the submission address, reference number and title of the Post The Application must be submitted in the English language or Swahili all required information must be provided, responding clearly and concisely to all the points set out.
The Application document should comprise of the following:
An application letter duly signed on all pages by applicant
Applications shall be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
Comply with required qualifications
Comply with Experience
Comply with Language English and Kiswahili
REVOLUTIONARY GOVERNMENT OF ZANZIBAR
MINISTRY OF HEALTH, SOCIAL WELFARE, ELDER, GENDER AND CHILDREN
Email: [email protected]