Project Manager at COCODA
- Company: COCODA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
Community Concern of Orphans and Development Association (COCODA) is a non-governmental organization established in 2000. COCODA’s establishment as its name suggests, resulted from intensifying concern among community members in Njombe over the surging number of orphans, mainly as a consequence to swelling amount of people infected by HIV and dying from AIDS, majority being adults leaving behind young children without parents. This trend had a negative impact on social and economic development. Hence COCODA envisioned to offer effective response to the situation through providing education to local community on HIV/ AIDS, supporting orphans and most vulnerable children, providing vocational skills to youth and establishment of small-scale income generating groups for community sustainable economy.
Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WIHER. These core partners are supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals. ACHIEVE is a USAID’s flagship initiative to address the needs of children, young people, and breast-feeding women affected by HIV. This includes supporting local organizations in serving these populations and ultimately building their capability to receive direct U.S. government funding for programs at scale. The project leverages the full strength of its consortia and related private and public sector stakeholders to support countries attain and sustain HIV epidemic control. In Tanzania, starting in October 2021, ACHIEVE expects to receive funding from USAID to support the Government of Tanzania (Got) to achieve its aim of controlling the HIV epidemic, with a particular focus on programs targeting orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women, through the DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe) program, in 54 councils across 15 regions in Tanzania. Additionally, ACHIEVE Tanzania aim to strengthen local organizations and the national- and community- level social welfare systems, structures, and workforce to support and sustain OVC to access HIV-inclusive services that support their health and well-being. ACHIEVE Tanzania program has three Strategic Objectives:
1. To strengthen the capacity of the national and community-level social welfare workforce, systems, and structures to ensure quality services for OVC, at-risk AGYW, and people living with HIV (PLHIV).
2. To build capacity of local organizations to manage and implement USAID/PEPFAR awards as prime implementing partners. ACHIEVE Tanzania Project will support the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
In order to achieve the intended objectives, COCODA seeks a dedicated and keen person to undertake the following post:
Project Manager-1 Position
Report to: Technical Director
Job Objective: To assist the Director in providing an overall leadership and management of ACHIEVE Tanzania project implementation in Njombe Region (Njombe Town Council, Njombe District Council and Makambako Town Council and ensures efficient and effective linkages, collaboration, and networking with respective Local Government Authorities.
Location: Njombe District Council
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provide overall technical, operational, and administrative support to project staff and promotes an organizational culture where policies and values are observed.
· Oversee project budget including tracking spending, disallowed cost, approve travel request, staffs’ liquidation, reviews and approve all project expenses.
· Play a leadership role responsible and accountable for timely, quality project implementation across Njombe Councils (Njombe TC, Njombe DC and Makambako TC)
· Work in collaboration with DSWO, DMO, DACC, CHACC In Njombe CC, Njombe DC, Makambako TC and Njombe TC and Pact technical coordinators at cluster level to ensure high quality project activities delivery.
· Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission of narrative reports (Weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual) to Director.
· Work with Data and M&E Officers to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
· Performs other related tasks as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Public Health, or Economic Development, Community Development, or relevant degree.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience.
• Previous experience managing staff.
• Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional Reference, ECD, or Child protection. • Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Understanding of OVC issues and child protection
Method of Application
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications. All applications should be submitted not later than 1600 HRS of 29th November 2021 by email, to: [email protected]
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Warning: Please avoid deception agents, COCODA charges no cost for any job position advertised.
COCODA enhances equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.