Project Manager at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit a Project Manager to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity.
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach.
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose.
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy.
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable.
- Committing to Zero Harm.
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships.
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure the compliance to all regulatory and Barrick health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in the Management of Change process and implementation of technical initiatives.
- Ensure the Maintenance team and associated contractors have all the necessary, procedures, system, work practices and equipment to work safely.
- Assessment of current and future project structures.
- Assessment of current contract management structures and processes.
- Compilation of a project execution plans detailing current and future requirements with proposed timelines.
- To develop solutions to engineering problems which meet or exceed project requirements.
- Manage consultants and specialists.
- Managing projects in multi-disciplinary environment
- Provide technical interface with equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Activity and Resource planning.
- Preparation of project scopes of works for multidisciplinary project tasks.
- Work with department manager or his designate in developing projects plan, budget, and schedules.
- Manage cost, schedule, and quality control functions.
- Participate in the projects risks analysis and assist in the development of risk management plans.
- Provide technical assistance to team members.
- Work with projects team in planning and executing assigned technical projects.
- Project reports preparations and writing.
- Co-ordinate and supervise project installations, commissioning, and testing.
- Develop Job records database and ensure data integrity in the system.
- Ensure purchase requisitions raised accurately and on time.
- Ensure the Technical Integrity and consistency of design output.
- Manage the QA/ QC functions.
- Ensure proper change management and operational readiness.
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- Ensuring that the environmental policy and environmental objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the organization.
- Ensuring that the resources needed for the environmental management system are available.
- Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements.
- Ensuring that the environmental management system achieves its intended outcomes.
- Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
- Promoting continual improvements.
- Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their area of responsibility.
- Prepare Project Charter, Scope, Budget Estimates, AFE’s (approval for expenditures along with business benefits).
- Development and approval of baseline project schedule.
- Drive entire tender process from preparing scope of works, clarification meetings with bidders, technical evaluation of bids and participating in commercial negotiations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports which include updated – Project progress, Schedules, S-curves, Cost curves, Procurement updates, Delay’s, and mitigation plan.
- Managing project budget and estimate costs.
- Determining the requirement of optimum resources equipment, materials and manpower needed
- Train and mentor project team.
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Project Management Certification will be advantageous.
- Highly numerate, with strong financial management.
- Possess a Valid Tanzanian driving license, Class B, C, D and E.
- Able to Drive Manual Transmission/Stick Shift Transmission.
- Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice
Experience and competencies needed.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years in a Project Management Role.
- Highly proficient in Project Management principles, methods, techniques, and tools.
- Work experience in large scale multidisciplinary projects more than USD 10,000,000.
- Working knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and instrumentation systems.
- Experience in developing project schedules and plans by using MS Project or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a team and always remain professional.
- Experience in the Mining Industry will be an added advantage.
- Experience in process plant, paste backfill plant, pump stations and other fixed plant construction.
- Highly professional conduct always and the ability to deal with a diverse client base.
- Must be motivated individual with ability to operate with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical and strategic planning related experience and background.
- Strong values in safety commitment, policy and enforcement related experience and background
- Performing tasks under minimal supervision and monitoring
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Performance orientated, strongly motivated and maintains a high work standard. Strong work ethic. Shows initiative. Adaptable to change management processes. Focused on continuous improvement.
- Committed and engaged employees who are enthusiastic and passionate about Barrick and carry the company DNA.
- Be able to conduct Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th January, 2024.