Project Manager at Aga Khan Health Service
- Company: Aga Khan Health Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Health Service
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Masters of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
The Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an integrated health systems that supports a strong continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position:
PROJECT MANAGER – (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Regional Project Director for East Africa, the successful candidate will be responsible for Implementing and Overseeing projects by taking lead in planning, coordinating and controlling project activities to ensure that projects are completed to specification, within established time frames and budgets, and in line with the Hospital’s strategic plan.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans in line with specified project scope and objectives.
- Manage contracts with consultants and contractors.
- Manage direct client procurement program with consultants/ contractors and vendors and suppliers to ensure expected deliverables as per agreed upon timelines.
- Effective project monitoring, evaluation and timely reporting of deliverables.
- Direct technical and feasibility studies including site investigations by liaising with respective consultants to deliver detailed geotechnical reports for specific sites for new construction projects.
- Ensuring Project quality and workmanship by controlling and maintaining quality of concrete used on site, verification of materials as per project construction drawings and specifications and inspection of reinforcement, formwork, and all finishing works.
- Responsible for overall construction safety management
- Oversee contractor’s/site compliance to applicable statutory requirements i.e. OSHA, NEMO etc
- Carryout necessary safety checks in line with the Hospital’s policies
- Develop and design detailed drawings for construction works in liaison with the engaged consultants.
- Prepare project budgets in liaison with Regional Director of Projects for East Africa and the Finance department, advice on project costing and ensure adherence to the budget.
- Coordinate regular project meetings with all parties involved and ensure effective follow ups on open issues.
- Develop ongoing project update reports for the Steering Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering/ Architecture.
- 5 years’ work experience in Project Management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects/ AutoCAD and Revit.
- knowledge and understanding of Construction safety and Contractor safety management
- Knowledge of the techniques, procedures and processes used for the efficient operation of building services and construction practices.
- Working knowledge of Building MEP systems.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
Method of Application
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR
HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RE-SOURCE DEPARTMENT,
P. O. BOX 2289,
OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON NOVEMBER 7, 2020.