Project Management Officer UG at Agricycle Global
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Agricycle closes the gap between smallholders in developing economies and global markets by democratizing access to the agricultural value chain through our distributed network and portfolio of upcycled ingredients. Agricycle is a for-profit benefit corporation and startup, meaning we operate in a fast-moving environment to disrupt the status quo and create social, economic and environmental impact.
Overview: Project Manager
As our Project Manager working in Uganda, you will report to the Operation Coordinator (based in the Uganda) in conjunction with the Director of East Africa (based in Kenya). You will assume full responsibility for successfully initiating, designing, planning, controlling, executing, monitoring, and closing projects. Using your organizational and management skills, you will have the potential to shape Agricycle’s trajectory, helping to reduce costs, maximize company efficiencies, and increase revenue.
- Work with the team to identify upcoming projects in order to organize the project tasks in a timeline that will get the project completed by the deadline.
- Engage with the Uganda team members involved in the project to ensure they understand the upcoming tasks due.
- Tracking progress and reporting of the empowerment activities through KOBO
- Use Clickup to manage the projects and assign tasks to the appropriate Uganda team members.
- Be in constant communication with all stakeholders to ensure projects are moving along smoothly.
- Identify issues and develop solutions for any problems that arise during the project.
- Manage and review the Uganda team’s time sheet to ensure the project remains on schedule.
- Accomplish all other reasonable responsibilities provided by supervising team members.
Ideal candidates are:
- Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural born problem solvers.
- Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
- Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
- Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
- Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
- Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
- Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
- Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
- Minimum of 1 or less year of previous employment (not necessarily continuous) in office settings.
- University degree in project management, Agribusiness or other related fields.
- Excellent relationship building and English communication skills (written, oral and digital).
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
- Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Desire to be proactive and support other team members by reducing their workload.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications and familiarity with cloud-based software.
Send all applications through https://jobs.wrkhq.com/agricycle/21804 by 23rd June 2021 at 5pm EAT.
Attach the following as one combined PDF: a) cover letter addressed to the Director of East Africa; b) CV with three reachable referees; and c) academic or other qualification documents. Clearly state the position you are applying for in your letter.
Agricycle does not charge for applications or interviews.